Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tow mirrors I'm stuck...

17K views 44 replies 21 participants last post by  BigFuel 
#1 ·
Looking to get a set of tow mirrors for my truck cause I can't see when hauling round bales down the road I like the obs 4point mirrors like what diesel brad has on his and I like the Dodge mirrors that flip up and since my truck will be in the shop for awhile I got time to install some mirrors. So question is which can you see better with?

Sent from my DROID RAZER HD while trucking

#2 ·
As someone who owned a dodge with flip out tow mirrors, I would stay away from them. I hated them. You couldn't see well with them. Grante, I came from a truck with 08+ tow mirrors to the dodge but I did not like the dodge irrors at all. Very little visibility. I have seen pictures of guys putting super duty mirrors on the OBS trucks but you lose the sail window to do that. I would go with the four point OBS mirrors or fa up some super duty mirrors. I def. would NOT go with the dodge mirrors

#4 ·
I'd have them flipped up anyway look better in my opinion and when my truck went down I borrowed a buddys 01 Dodge and saw great with them but I want to think it all through before taking the plung on mirrors

Sent from my DROID RAZER HD while trucking

#6 ·
I personally think they look horrible on an OBStruck up or down... and having them flipped up while not towing is lame (agin, just MY opinion)
Here are some pics of an OBS with wings... err Dodge tow mirrors lol :rofl:

#11 ·
Click his link

#8 ·
Fab 08+ ford mirrors on it, or hit up the local wrecker and find a ford box van/truck to pull the mirrors from, I still think dodge mirros look retarded, even on a dodge

#9 ·
I hate doge mirros... they get my eyes all messed up when looking out them with the way they split the mirror. If i had to do it, i would go with the 03-07 dmax mirrors as linked above. Small base and large mirror that resembles a SD mirror!

#14 ·
There is a Guy over on the army with a blue /white supercab with the chrome GM mirrors. They are sharp. "kinda" wish I would of went that route with my truck(power{I had power}, heated{I added heat}, and lighted{I added lights})

#15 · (Edited)
#21 ·
Any one got a side shot of an obs with the d-max mirrors?

#23 ·
Just a thought

I have the normal mirrors and I thought about making a case that encloses both of them. I then started thinking because I have the little slide extended I could just drill a second hole in the metal bracket and mount another mirror on it. It will kinda look like this. Not sure just throwing out ideas:dunno:

#25 ·
I have the normal mirrors and I thought about making a case that encloses both of them. I then started thinking because I have the little slide extended I could just drill a second hole in the metal bracket and mount another mirror on it. It will kinda look like this. Not sure just throwing out ideas:dunno:

You could do what the previous owner of my 86 did:doh:

#24 ·
Just find a set of westcoast mirrors, for towing they are the best choice. factory option on the f600-800

#29 ·
I originally had the plastic paddle mirrors on my truck. I switched to the aluminum swing away arms and put a 10.5x7.5 head on them. Same size head thats on the tripod mirror. I have two sets of holes on the arms to have the mirrors further out for towing. The avoids the folded in tripod mirror look that i dont like. I also put a stick on convex on the lower half of the mirrors. In all, I love the mirrors and the actually look like they belong on the truck.:D

#30 ·
I like my 80's tripod mirrors, but need to get the convex ones for underneath so I have a better view of the blind spots I suffer from

#31 ·
Kris for the convex definitely look for the big rectangular ones. The circles are pretty hard to use. In this pic you can kind of notice the convex. Its roughly a 4x6 rectangle. Definitely helps out the blind spots.

#32 ·
That looks great John, thanks, my dad got the rectangle ones that have a bar and bolted it to the lower part of his tri pods

#34 ·
That's the exact one I was talking about, but square

#36 ·
You have to stack the mirrors tho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.