Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

High Idle

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ZachBoyer 
#1 ·
Ive searched the whole forum and all I can find is the High Idle Mod for the 6.0 and 6.4. I have a 95 and I want my truck high idle to be on a switch in the dash. Is this possible? If so How would I go about doing it (finding the correct wires etc.)

Thanks

#2 ·
F that high idle mod..I did that to my truck..I crossed the wires and it burn out my PDM? (computer under hood)..it was like 900 but thanks to the warranty it was 100..either way...be careful with doing it..take your time and read..Some1 on here will give you the instructions for doing it...dont take my instructions though lol

-Evan

#3 ·
Ouch. Thanks for the quick reply. What worked for you after you burnt the computer. that may help when someone else gives instructions

#4 ·
after i burnt the computer?? haha..man..they towed my truck to the stealership..replaced it..and i was on my way..no high idle for me lol..I would actually consider paying some1 before doing it myself again..I have done everything to my truck so far..but that damn mod got me nervous..after speaking to DJ from Dj's performance and him telling me to be careful the computer is super sensitive I dont mess around with that anymore lol..I plug my truck in at night when its cold..and my truck has (like others do) like a high idle when its cold, for quicker warm up im assuming..I read some1 used it for when they were hunting going through the woods so they didnt have to play with the sensitive pedal..IMO thats a great use for it. Other then that I dont see the point at least for me?!..I know its free..but if I didnt have a warranty that mistake would have cost me over 900 bucks..Again man sorry I couldnt be of more help..good luck and take your time

-Evan

#6 ·
#8 ·
#9 ·
heres what i would do. i wouldnt cut wires and make a mess and risk screwing something up. i would buy a tony wildman chip. that way you have the power and programmer but have the high idle as well. this is so much easier a 6 position chip is 475 and the prices vary depending on what you want and how many positions but he can program any rpm you want when you idle up heres the website:
Total Diesel Performance Ford 7.3L 94-97:Chips

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.