Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need tires, pics wanted

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  terryknight 
#1 ·
As the title says. I have some fairly aggresive tires on the truck now but the front won't pass inspection. They are very narrow pizza cutters. I'd like to go slightly bigger and wider to make the truck look better. I plan on keeping the stock 16inch rims just want a meaner look. Thanks!

#3 ·
The rears are cooper discoverer stt, mud terrain, front are a really aggresive older style cooper tire but not quite a mud terrain. Fronts are a little older, rears are about half tread. We have regular inspection on commercial vehicles but diesels or anything over 9000lb registered gvwr is emisions exempt.

I guess what I was thinkin is going a little larger, dont want rubbing issues but as you can see I definitley have some space to fill from whats on the truck now. Worse case I'll get two more cooper mud terrain pizza cutters to match the back. But the truck would look ALOT better with some meaty wider tires. Just don't know what size to get. Don't know much about tire sizing, 33's maybe?

#5 ·
i have 265 75 16 cooper stt on my 94 i think they look really good. what size tires are you running now

#6 ·
Currently have 235/85r16. 285/75r16 look pretty good from some pictures I found.

The truck will be towing daily during most of the year. 16ft enclosed landscape trailer with two lazers inside. Around 5k is my guess. I don't wanna turn the truck into a dog by increasing the tires size either. I've used this truck to tow my dump trailer before with a load of logs, maybe 10-12k and the pedal was flored most of the time, barley making it up hills...

#7 ·
I would go with a 265 75 16 fills the wheel wells in nicely and will still pull good. I run that size and have towed my 33ft gooseneck with 17k on the deck about 33k gcw worked fine. Just make sure you get 10 plys

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#8 ·
Here is my truck with 285s and 235s. I see you have an F350, so you have a little more space to fill, but maybe it will give you an idea. I also have an add a leaf, so maybe there isn't that much of a difference in height. Hopefully it helps.

235s-

285s-

#9 ·
Thanks for the pictures guys. I think I'm going to go with 265's since the truck will be towing alot. The 285's look very good though. Price is also a concern, more rubber more money!

#10 ·
Cooper AT3's have been awesome on my truck. I'm running 285/75/16 and they've done very well in the mud and snow here in Boone. I've driven extensively on both loose and packed snow and have never experienced traction that rivals these. I paid $800, but there was a rebate at the time, so that knocked it down to $725. I sold the ST's that were on it for $150, I think they had about 1/4 tread left.

#12 ·
I have these on my 6.0 now, love them.

#11 ·
Here is a pik of stock good years and the nitto terra grapplers on mine, f350 front suspension, 250 rear

Nitto tires are 305/55/20

#13 ·
I have terra grapplers on mine, but im lifted so the size doesn't do u much good. They are quiet and have good road manners and do pretty well off road, they dont fare too well in mudd as they clog up. With a little rpm they clean out but now you have dug a trench.

When i have to buy again i will prolly get goodyear dura-tracks or toyo open county MT.... but got a deal on the nittos at the time.

This is the best pics i have of the tread.

#14 ·
i'm currently running open country at 2s 285/75 16 e rated. i tow often and i tow heavy.

265 on the right

definitely get an e rated tire

#15 ·
Look at the actual rating some d rated tires can hold more than e rated tires

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#17 ·
Look at the actual rating some d rated tires can hold more than e rated tires
While that can be true, there are other differences between D and E and personally i would never run a D if i towed.

#16 ·
Yes you are correct. But the brand that has an E rated tire less then another D i would not buy.

#18 ·
I don't like D's unless we're talkin about boobs.

#19 ·
265 on the right

definitely get an e rated tire[/quote]

What is the smaller sized 265 tire on the right?? It looks like one I was considering; goodrich commercial TA??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.