Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Emergency Brake

789 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ZachBoyer 
#1 ·
if im at a stop light and keep slamming on the brakes and letting go until there is no brake pressure my emergency brake comes on?

#2 ·
You have me confused.

If your at a stop light and keep slamming the brakes. Will your emergency brake come on automatically. Is that your question.

If that is your question the answer is no. You will have to apply the emergency brake yourself.

#3 ·
You should not lose any brake pressure at any time. If you do, something is wrong.

#4 ·
When I pump the brake like in out in out in out. My brakes get real tough and i can feel the truck want to move alittle. Like when the engine is off and you pump the brakes it gets hard. when its hard my emergency brake light comes on. Then it goes off and brake pressure comes back

#5 ·
When you pump the brake pedal your building up brake line pressure. Which is not a good thing. If you keep doing this you run the risk of blowing a wheel cylinder, master cylinder, caliper, or brake line.

#6 ·
i know that its not something i do all the time. I had the girl in the truck and she was pissing me off so i was making the truck hop at a light and noticied the e brake light came on

#7 ·
pedal getting hard? I would think the vacuum pump is getting weak, which would turn on the brake warning light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.