exterior add ons - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking exterior add ons

A few exterior mods while I'm between performance mods.....

Clear headlights installed and went with the Sylvania Silverstar ULTRA bulbs(...WOW)

Painted the inside of the grille flat black.....turned out really well, but is barely noticable in these pics. And thanks to Rick...SMKSTAX for the idea and tips on this one.

Bugflector added, mainly to cover up a nice dent and the tip of the hood that has chipping paint and rust.

pics taken with the phone camera...

now just the replacement bumper.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 03:05 PM

bump for you OBS guys...
Old 12-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Premium Member

Looks sweet man. Okay your turn to help me, LOL. How did ya do the headlights?? I have 2 new ones i need to put in.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:12 PM

headlights

Nic,, how hard was it to replace the headlight assembly. During my research the only thing I could find said the grill had to come off, is that correct. I need to replace the driver's side cracked headlight assembly on my 1997 PSD..
Old 12-17-2007, 03:26 PM

The hardest part is getting to the two 11mm, I think, nuts that are on each assembly on the engine compartment side.... Before you start, remove both batteries for gained access. Then one side at a time (get a flash light) find the 11mm, i believe, nuts on the engine side, they are kindof hidden in the metal framing about 8 to 10 inches down from the top of the assembly(engine side). And of course the two screws you can see on top. After that the markers and signals will come out. To remove the bulbs rotate 1/4 turn then the easily come out. Then, for even more gained access I loosened the plastic backing that it all mounts to so that it is easier to mess with the clips that hold in the main headlight, which is next. It is held in by 3 clips that hold the adjusting screws in place. Remove the clips and the headlights will come out. Add new headlights and reverse process.

That should about cover it..... after the headlight is in and before you tighten the marker and signal back up, mock them up and use the adjusting screws to flush it all together. Then fine tuning can be done later with the fine adjustment rod.

Let me know if you need any other tips, this is all still fresh in my mind. With my brother standing there watching this took about an hour.

Nic
Old 12-17-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 525 View Post
Nic,, how hard was it to replace the headlight assembly. During my research the only thing I could find said the grill had to come off, is that correct. I need to replace the driver's side cracked headlight assembly on my 1997 PSD..
The hardest part is like I explained before, the two nuts on the backside in the metal framing. There is just enough room for a deep socket on a small ratchet. This loosens the marker and signal lights. Then you have access to the plastic backing it all mounts to. Loosen the plastic backing on the side of the truck you are working on for easier access to the clips that hold in the main headlight. You have no choice but to remove both batteries.

You might as well take out the grille, its only 4 screws on top and one in the middle at the bottom. Gives you more room to work. Mine was already out because I painted it.....

Have an extra set of hands there.

Any other questions please ask, like i said its fresh in my head.

Nic
Old 12-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Premium Member

Thanks bud those are awesome directions. As soon as it's not so cold or i find someone with a heated garage i'll change them out.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:55 PM

Thx Nic, I'll also wait till it warms up a bit and snow melts as Rick said. I've had the headlight capsule for about a month now waiting for the perfect day to get it done on the driveway. Good job on the directions....525
Old 12-17-2007, 05:01 PM

good luck guys
Old 12-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Ole White

Looks good man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.