Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Removing the MAP sensor +/-

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  97jdpowersmoke 
#1 ·
I was messing around under the hood looking for more boost and how to get it ;)I know about the MAP sensor and what it does, I also know about the mod you can do on the outgoing wires to modify fueling and I tried that and I dont like the idle on the engine. I have tried pulling the boost tube off and it wont fuel the engine properly and has no acceleration because it isnt reading so I pulled the plug out of the map and the truck idles great gets a little better mileage and roars power all I have Is a diy intake the truck will roll the smoke good in 1 and 2nd gear and almost anytime I lay on it itll roll it thin Im also getting 15psi easy and if I push it out I can get 20 and hold 18psi in every gear I know its not alot but I think im getting 35-45 hp it slips the tires easy in 1st without powerbraking I really love the power and the smoke but the check engine light is on and I know why I was wondering about harming the engine long term I only drive to school and pull a 30' gooseneck around and Ive only had it off 2 days good or bad mod? :confused:

any opinions +/-:D

#3 ·
i am seeing 20 psi and i didn't do anything with my map

#4 ·
Hook your map sensor back up. Get a custom chip from DP Tuner or Twildman. Then disconnect the waste gate. You should be getting more boost then your seeing.

#5 ·
The map sensor reads your boost and tells your truck how much fuel to put to the engine so your truck can actually put more fuel to your injectors but you'll have to get a chip that will tell your truck that your pulling less boost than you actually are to get it to feed it more fuel...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.