Now I know why I bought this truck!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2006, 08:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Now I know why I bought this truck!!!

Alright, I have been internally beating myself up for buying this truck, it is nickel and diming me right now, but it is all somewhat small stuff (except the trans) and is ALL worth it. I just got home with 6 TONS (really) of Early chrysler hemi parts and complete motors, all loaded on to the bed I just built for the truck, 8' 3" wide by 12' 3" long. This rig PULLS like no other. up Grapvine hill doing 70 in 5th, and my foot was still not all into it yet. BUT it does run 3000r's at 70mph. Anyone need any rare motors?? Get the word out, I have complete hemi's parts, flathead fords, Y-block fords, a 215 all Aluminum factory 4 barrel fresh buick nailhead, and a 1956 F250 chopped no engine/trans.(avatar is before chop) Gotta let some go so I can haul the rest across the country! This is not a for sale ad, but if it needs to be moved for that reason then OK, I just wanted to express my pleasure with the heavy a$$ haul this thing just did for me. I am leaking fuel though, looks like the lift pump.
Dan

Last edited by Dan's Auto Salvage; 08-13-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2006, 02:24 PM
7.3 tech, supporter

congrats man, i will talk to a few of my hot rod buddies and see if theyre interested.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Glad it's workin' for ya like you need it to. I'll spread the word about the parts Dan.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via ICQ to overl0rd Send a message via AIM to overl0rd
If you come across a 428 CJ let me know.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:30 PM

It may not be your lift pump, I thought mine was bad to untill I found a switch leaking look for the post. It was a fairly inexpensive fix. What flatheads do you have?
Old 08-14-2006, 05:00 PM

Thanks for the tips, and the word of mouth, about to dive into the fuel leak in a few minutes, as for flatheads, I have 8BA 59AB, 239, 255, 337, and 1 V8 60 (for those who don't know, that's 60 HP!) Not the right place to talk about them though, PM me if you need something, I will have a website in a month or so... Nick55, do you have a link to the thread about the switch?? Thanks As for a 428 CJ, the guy I bought the Hemi stuff from sold an original 18,000mi. Torino 428CJ yesterday for $10,000. Needs some work but a steal none the less.
Dan
Old 08-14-2006, 05:34 PM

Don't know how to do the linky thing but it was today and the title was name this part. The guy that replied had an exploded view of the filter housing and was quite helpful.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:46 PM
I don't know nuttin....

that would be this thread...
Old 08-14-2006, 05:58 PM

Thanks guys, I am into the motor right now, and can't seem to find the leak. It seems intermitent, leaking around the rear, because there is no fuel in the front of the valley, but there is below the lift pump, but I cannot see the weep hole in the pump. from the banjo fitting, which direction is it?
Thanks!
Old 08-20-2006, 09:00 AM

Changed the lift pump, everything is working fine. This truck is gonna have a hellofa load on it going to Florida. I am going to post pics of the "Train" before we leave on Friday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.