Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

97 7.3 Vs. 2001 7.3

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Turbodude 
#1 ·
I have a 97 E-350 and am in the process of rebuilding the engine. I need some various parts and can get a 2001 7.3 that has most if the parts i need-oil-cooler .oil-pan,exhaust manifold. The turbo is different in that the 2001 had ic 97 didn't but i have thought about trying to put that on the 97. What are the differences in the two engines. Don't know a lot about the 2001 but can pick it up cheap. What other parts could be savage out of it that will work on the 97 engine.

#2 ·
well if you are going for actual engine parts i.e. oil pan manifold and stuff like these they are similar there are differences though. what you can do is turn the 97 into a 2001 but then you would have to change the intake, the injectors the computer the IDM even...believe it or not these engines are only the same at the block and head level. there are many differences between them. I think it would end up being one of those things where you'd have to put the two engines side by side then pick and choose your parts. mabe some of these guys will chime in and give you some more info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.