introducing myself - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
introducing myself

Well good morning, I am making a little introduction of myself about 6 months ago I got in a car accident and need a vehicle see I had a 01 Harley softail and it doesn't work out real good caring my army rucksack. So I end up trading it for a beautiful 97 f250 standard cab manual trans 2 wheel drive with 206,000 mile give or take and I have not looked back at my decision. I'm new to civilian diesel but been work on army diesel for last 5 yrs. I like this forum seem like more people are caring enough you help nor talk you who can give ya a hand. Well enough of my rambling I'll tell you some mods I would like to do when get some spare money(only problem with diesel things lil more dough oh well) I'll post pix when it get a lil bit more sun out

Project list:
Air intake I think it the 66xx something filter
Exhaust turbo back thinking 3in down 4in exhaust any opinions on this combo
Exhaust manifold donuts (I know there a better solution but it expensive)
Gauges (pyro, vac/boost, and don't know what be a good 3rd gauge I know trans isn't needed for manual thinking a oil change for oil I dont know )
I would like to replace my worn out seat and put in super duty seat one for gosh darn cup holder I keep spill my coffee all over me not to happy Lol
I would like to do a black out interior that I've been reading up on in interior forum
Um and that all I can think of if y'all have any other suggestions or idea shout then out

Thanks for reading my rambling
RodgerRodger
Attached Thumbnails
introducing myself-0913121342.jpg   introducing myself-1024121723.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 07:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Hey friend, thanks for joining up! the filter number youre looking for is 6637, heres a link to the cheapest place to get it. Wix 46637 & Napa 6637 Air Filter: FleetFilter Secure Online Store

I have an MBRP 3 inch downpipe to a 4 inch homebuilt side pipe on my truck and it works and sounds great, there are plenty of kits online you can get for pretty cheap. With regards to guages, if you have a manual then pyro boost, and ffuel or oil pressure guages i believe are the way to go but im not sure. there are a lot of helpful people here, many of them more helpful than me that will hopefully chime in on the thread lol but congrats on the new truck and good luck
Old 01-20-2013, 09:47 AM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Welcome to the org and thanks for your service, sounds like a nice truck too, I have super duty seats in mine just let me know if you need any help there, and I also have a 3" down pipe to a full 4" straight pipe, love it, as far as filter I run an afe all metal intake and love that too, since your running a stick I would go gauges as pyro, boost, and scan gauge, best combo ever, soon as I get some extra cash too I plan on a scan gauge as well, and a custom tuned chip will also wake that beast up by a long shot
Old 01-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

introducing myself

Welcome to the club!! Enjoy your new hog!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-20-2013, 03:21 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thanks for your service and welcome. you got yourself a fuel miser there. what gears? and ask away we are a helpful bunch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.