ebpv delete pedestal? bellowed up-pipes? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question ebpv delete pedestal? bellowed up-pipes?

doing some work on a 95 bringing it back from the dead after 5 years and cutting the old downpipe i got angry and carried away and cut the stock pass up pipe. Anyway ive been reading about them and how hard they are to seal and figured why not go with better ones.

I read about some bellowed up-pipes from international but havnt had any luck finding any on the net for a 94-97 7.3. could yall direct me to them with a link or somethin.

EBPV delete pedestal is this aftermarket or is it just someone selling stock modded ones. Been reading about modding mine but everythiong i find is not detailed steps on it. any info is appreciated.

Anything else yall would do while there? I already have the turbo and pedestal off as well as fuel bowl and replacing the rubber hoses with gates fuel hose to eliminate any dry rot issues. I asm also going to do the BB trick if i dont have the funds for the E-fuel swap, will probly send my EDM out for core charge and buy the modded 140v unit cause ive never delt with electronics.

No money for injectors or turbo right now or HPOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

internatinal didnt make bellowed sets fot the 94-97.. remove yours and send them to irate diesel and he will modify your stock ones. he will even do like a core retrun deal if you cant have your truck down that long.

now if you find a 94-97 international 7.3 in a JY they will have a deleted pedistal and deleted trubo housing and you can pick them up usually cheeper then buying new
Old 01-15-2013, 09:57 PM

Depending on how badly and where you cut your up-pipes, you may be SOL on sending them in as cores....just want to point that out.
Riff-Raff and Irate both have bellowed up-pipes for our trucks. Irate is quite a bit cheaper than Riff-Raff however.
If your EBPV is weeping oil, either rebuild or delete.
Might as well replace all of the o-rings in your fuel bowl and turbo pedestal while you have it off.
Go for a Swamps HVHF (High Voltage High Frequency) modded IDM. Upping the voltage is only half the equation in terms of maximizing performance.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:31 PM

I was going to ask about the ones from riff raff. But they are a pretty penny.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:23 AM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

Beans also just started making and selling bellowed up pipes for our trucks. And i didnt know u already cut yours
Old 01-16-2013, 10:46 AM

Yeah i cut it a little bit but if i have to i can pull it and just patch weld it but i didnt want to mess with sealing the pipes back.

As far as the IDM i was looking at the ones you mentioned and i can see where the money is better spent there.

The bellowed up pipes i thought i had read somewhere that international made them but if they dont oh well haha ill just buy the others.

As far as the EBPV it weeps oil from the shaft o ring cause it was when i pulled the turbo off, what is a JY to get the deleted pedestal and housing from. New to ford diesels here haha so hang with me.

The fuel bowl i planned to replace all o rings with viton o rings and all sensors as well as all sensors on the top side of the engine and the pedestal o rings. Partly why i was considering doing injectors and an HPOP cause i wanted to go ahead and replace the UVCH but i really dont have the cash for all that right now.

As far as down time not really a concern cause i have other vehicles to drive till i fix this one.

Any other delets to do or things to add while im in the engine valley messing with things there.

The turbos on these trucks are oil cooled correct me if i am wrong which i doubt but it really threw me off cause when i pulled it with the pedestal and was working the wheels loose again i poured oil into what i thought was the oil feed and return lines. I did this so i could spin the wheel and the new detergent in the fresh oil would clean and re oil the bearing after 5 years but then it started weeping from that shaft on the EBPV and confused me. Ive never delt with a 7.3 before and a turbo housing like this so i was a little taken back as if i poured oil into a wrong spot. I could have though so correct my 7.3 newbie mistake if i made one.

In addition where do yall suggest to get these o rings for the filter bowl, pedestal, and the collector to turbo flange gasket and other parts. I was at the parts store and the guy was telling me it was dealer items.

Last edited by That Other Guy; 01-16-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

JY = junk yard. Look for a bus with a 7.3 or any international truck with a 7.3
Old 01-16-2013, 11:06 AM

Guzzle should be able to hook you up with any o-rings/gaskets you need:
DieselOrings
Old 01-16-2013, 12:10 PM

Cool i appreciate it fellas.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:17 PM

International did make bellowed up-pipes for the OBS trucks, but they run about $800!

Turbo Exhaust Up-Pipes
(International, bellowed up-pipe kit for 94-97) 1843486C92

Turbo Pedestal
(International, Non EBPV pedestal) 1822873C1

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.