97 f250 farm truck/project - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
97 f250 farm truck/project

Here's the story: My buddy drove this truck everyday until he bought another one, which was a couple weeks ago. He decided he was going to scrap it along with another 97 that he bought for parts. I told him I wanted it as long as we could work out a price. The truck runs and drives fine, has a little trouble cranking when it is cold, needs new batteries and some other things, but is very drivable none the less. I ended up getting both trucks and a atv disk for $800 and a Springfield xd 9mm. Here is the drivable truck The part truck is white, same body style but a gasser. The motor runs but there is no transmission. All of the body, headlights and everything is in better shape than on the camo truck so my plans are to do some swapping when I can. Tried to swap the headlights today but the weather was bad so I didnt get it done. What ya'll think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 04:16 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
go for it. i think you did very well. is the gasser a 250 or 350?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 PM

Good deal. You could probably scrap/sell what you don't use/need and make some money. I'm guessing the camo truck was originally red?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:50 PM

The gasser is a 250, and yes the camo truck was red. I'm not real worried about what it looks like, but I'm gonna swap some of the body parts and maybe paint it myself. I have a little painting experience but nothing exeptional. I really wanted something that I can "use" and not have to worry about scratching or denting. I'm tired of hearing limbs and scraping down the side of my 08 when I'm riding around our farm. Thats what this truck is for, plus it'll help me keep the miles down on the other one.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:04 PM

Sounds like a perfect truck for what you need.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSOILdealer View Post
Sounds like a perfect truck for what you need.
I think so, although I know much more about gassers I like to work on stuff, and it will be a project. Tried to crank it earlier but the batteries suck and would barely turn it over, so I charged them up and plugged the block heater up. It's 29 degrees and sleeting here so I stopped messing with it tonight. Maybe she'll crank up tomorrow. Check out the way the leads are connected to the battery terminal,
My buddy seems to really like riggin instead of fixing. I'll be redoing these this week. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions while working on this thing, I hope ya'll don't mind helping. Like tomorrow at some point I'll be trying to remove the headlights, I started on it today but soon realized it was more of a project than I wanted to try to tackle today in the sleet.

Last edited by tblg700; 01-14-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:30 PM

This truck is very cold natured. Had it plugged in all day and tried to crank it tonight and it just turned over a few times didnt crank and the batteries drained down so I stopped trying. Hate to have to go buy batteries tomorrow, probably help to get the leads redone too.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblg700 View Post
I think so, although I know much more about gassers I like to work on stuff, and it will be a project. Tried to crank it earlier but the batteries suck and would barely turn it over, so I charged them up and plugged the block heater up. It's 29 degrees and sleeting here so I stopped messing with it tonight. Maybe she'll crank up tomorrow. Check out the way the leads are connected to the battery terminal,
My buddy seems to really like riggin instead of fixing. I'll be redoing these this week. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions while working on this thing, I hope ya'll don't mind helping. Like tomorrow at some point I'll be trying to remove the headlights, I started on it today but soon realized it was more of a project than I wanted to try to tackle today in the sleet.
Wow that's interesting. I bet you change them and most of the cranking problems disappear. Or just add another sheetmetal screw and 10 penny nail to shim it a little more.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 AM

Gonna try to fix the battery leads today when I get off work. Kinda scared to strip the wire back and not have enough to get to the battery post; doesnt seem to have much slack there.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:51 PM

Bought 2 new batteries today spent $288, but put them in the truck and it fired right up and ran great. Happy that problem is fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.