Kelly Blue Book Value - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 06:49 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Kelly Blue Book Value

I do not know if this subject has been discussed, but it would be interesting to know if anyone besides myself have been insulted by buyers who think they are entitled to walk away with your truck at KBB value.

In particular, the 1995,96,97 OBS 7.3L crew cabs 4x4 Off Road Pak, long box in near original condition should almost be future collector pieces.

I have seen numbers running from 11K-18K in reasonably good condition. It appears that these trucks, ones in good condition are drying up.

Had a person call me recently chastising me as to why I had my truck priced above KBB value. I politely told him my truck evidently must not be for him, and perhaps he might want to look for one in line with his budget. I gathered he really wanted my truck but did not want to pay the bucks. That's life. I guess I will just keep my master piece and be happy.

I am just amazed how many folks try to pull the the old KBB value line out of their pocket when dealing. It is sort of the last/dumb trick in the book.

Any thoughts. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Mine books over 13k, and tach on sentimental value I come up with 15k as a price, not to mention all work is done aside from bigger sticks, I won't pay kbb for anything, it's not worth it to me personally, but some people think it's the rule when it's more a guideline
Old 01-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Premium Member

I just looked up my truck and according to KBB it is only worth $9500. Kind of interesting because my insurance will cover it up to $11000. Whenever I have gotten a loan or the insurance company checks the value they use NADA and that comes in at $11000. I think NADA is more accurate, seems like a lot of the options KBB offers aren't really practical and effect the price, like CD player, wheels, tires, ect. I wouldn't pay extra for that stuff. Some people must just be jealous of our sweet OBS trucks, lol.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Heck they say mines only worth 7495 ive had offer with it not for sale of 9500
Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 AM

wow they value mine at 7790 thats never going to happen looks like i'll have to keep it darn
Old 01-08-2013, 10:02 AM

Yeah kinda what im thinkin wife was wanting me to update to a newer but idk if i aint gonna get much ill just keep it
Old 01-08-2013, 05:19 PM

wow mine is only at 6500 ill sell mine for 6500 cause i only bought it for 2500 and drove it home but down here you can buy a super clean obs with anywhere from 100,000 to 200,000 for between 3-4,000 so guess they arent worth as much in the south
Old 01-08-2013, 05:22 PM

Heck bought mine for 3500 and banks said it was worth 8800 but nada is only sayin 7495
Old 01-08-2013, 06:28 PM

i only paid 4k for 94 and 2800 for 97 (bad motor #7 piston shot 4 bent pushrods when i got. now engine has 230 miles on it). i have more into them then they are worth wether its kbb or nada but i have obs trucks cuz house payments are better than pickup payments lol plus they're way cooler imo
Old 01-09-2013, 02:14 AM

mines about 7000 thats what i paid 5 years ago. haha
I belive kbb. I wouldnt want to buy a 17 year old truck for over 10 grand would you? lol unless theres no rust anywhere low milage. I use kbb at used car dealer asking 5k over the price. Then they tell me i must have done it wrong. Till i pull out my phone and show them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.