MPG - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MPG

Just starting a new thread about my MPG, if you would like to chime in and tell me whether I am right one, or needs improvement, I would appreciate it. I ran my first tank and averaged 13 mpg. This was after putting new oil in, changing HPOP oil, new fuel filter, cleaned FPR screen, did the 6637 mod, and did half of the 18 yr old driver mod. 50/50 city and hwy at 60mph. Found out last night my EBPV was staying closed the whole time. I have a fresh tank of fuel and will be reporting back my mpg after this tank. I unplugged the EBPV and now it has a lot more power and seems to run smoother. More to follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Full A-Team Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Can we put in our guesses?

I am going with 17
Old 01-05-2013, 08:01 PM

Ok, so after wiring up the EBPV on a switch and I know it is now open, I run a quick test on mpg but I did have GP and injector problems. I was still at 13.5 mpg but I was only able to run 8 gallons through that before I was forced to change injector orings, gp, uvch and pigtails. It now runs awesome and sounds great. Ten times better. Eventually I will know what a good diesel sounds and runs like. lol. So now I have a full tank and ready to do some mpg testing. Too bad the wife is sick so we can just go run around and burn fuel. Normally I wouldn't do this, but we are in heavy testing phase right now with the truck. Guesses anyone on mpg?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Im guessing you're going to be romping on the skinny peddle and your mileage is going to be skewed
And how did you wire the valve?
Old 01-06-2013, 08:33 AM

Well I am trying really hard to get rid of the "driving like an 18 year old" mod. I do really good 98% of the time, but every now and then I like to feel the power of the beast. Also when like audi cars pull up with a "tubro tuning" license plate in the windshield needless to say he didn't make it to the next redlight before I did and he wasn't too happy
As far as wiring the valve, for one I have to connections on one valve cover, 5 pins each. The valve cover gasket does not have clips on the inside, the are straight wired, so no worry about clips falling off on the inside of the UVCH. This are dorman 615202 UVC with harness. As far as the pigtails, I double checked to make sure the wires are going to the correct place, ie gp, inj, common, inj, gp. The I spliced back and gave myself enough room to keep the wires off the block and used the twin pigtail twist to connect them. The new harness and pigtails also have aluminum wires and are thicker than stock. This whole project took me ten hours to complete with a nagging, sick wife.(she only really starting bothering my at hour nine by texting every ten minutes with "status?") I also took my time to make sure things were clean and done right.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Full A-Team Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I am staying with 17 mpg but I dont know where you are from so that makes a difference, but I want to know the mileage 3 tanks from now when you get done playing with your new found power LOL
Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 AM

Gears? 4wd? Auto?

I'd say about 17ish too
Old 01-06-2013, 08:53 AM

I'm hoping to get 17, that would make me happier than the 13. All info in sig. minus auto trans, which I am going to add now.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindwatts View Post
I'm hoping to get 17, that would make me happier than the 13. All info in sig. minus auto trans, which I am going to add now.
Oh sorry on my cell. Damn autoguide doesn't show sigs
Old 01-06-2013, 09:09 AM

Oh ok, 4wd, auto, 4.10 rear, ft lewis wa. elevation 450 ft, temps about mid 40, flat driving, 50/50 hwy city, cclb. Think that is about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.