Radiator - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 07:33 AM
Infidel

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Radiator

I am finally getting around to replacing my radiator and got quoted a price of 395.00 - 425.00 from radiator.com. Does this sound about right? Can ours be rebuilt / refurbished. If so what is a ballpark on getting it spruced up? Just wondering before I start calling radiator shops here in town.
Right now mine just has a small leak in one location, the fins are pretty beat up on it, and more to the point it looks like a radiator with 326K behind it.
Thanks,
Craig
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Do you have an auto or manual trans?
Old 11-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

I guess the price is the same anyway. Here is another place to look at. About the same price: Powerstrokeshop.com
Old 11-03-2007, 03:54 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Call a local rad shop. They will be able to rebuild yours way cheaper than new and if something goes wrong you have a local company to deal with and not some place across the US. Just my .02.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

sorry to break in,I'm a new member,for a few months now I have chimed in on discussions but can't figure out how to post a new thread,i have a problem with an aftermarket block heater that is mounted in the freeze plug hole above the oil filter,won't stop leaking.So I ordred a new one from the Diesel man on line,It dosen't mount in the same hole. The vague instructions claim there is a threaded pipe plug near the front of the motor on passenger side.right! on a 97 F350 the front suspension covers everything ,the only pipie plug I see is above the exhaust manifold,can anyone tell me where the factory block heater mounts on an 97 F-350? I will probably send this thing back.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:52 AM
Infidel

Thanks for the input fellas. I will start checking prices here in the Dallas area this week. Worst case scenario I'll buckle and get a new one.
Thanks,
Craig
Old 11-03-2007, 06:56 AM
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwheat View Post
sorry to break in,I'm a new member,for a few months now I have chimed in on discussions but can't figure out how to post a new thread,i have a problem with an aftermarket block heater that is mounted in the freeze plug hole above the oil filter,won't stop leaking.So I ordred a new one from the Diesel man on line,It dosen't mount in the same hole. The vague instructions claim there is a threaded pipe plug near the front of the motor on passenger side.right! on a 97 F350 the front suspension covers everything ,the only pipie plug I see is above the exhaust manifold,can anyone tell me where the factory block heater mounts on an 97 F-350? I will probably send this thing back.
Hey Bucwheat,
Have you taken the inner wheel well lining out to see if there is another location on the block? This is about the only advice I can pass on.

As for posting a new thread.......go up to forums at the top of the page and click on it. It will open a whole list of areas / topics to post. Find the area you need to post in, in this case 94 - 97 Fords click on new thread and go from there.
Craig
Old 11-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappeetxnR.N. View Post
Hey Bucwheat,
Have you taken the inner wheel well lining out to see if there is another location on the block? This is about the only advice I can pass on.

As for posting a new thread.......go up to forums at the top of the page and click on it. It will open a whole list of areas / topics to post. Find the area you need to post in, in this case 94 - 97 Fords click on new thread and go from there.
Craig
Thanks Craig,realy appreciate this,could never get anyone to tell me how to post. Will do the wheel well take offStill wish some one could tell me where the stock location is. Thanks again,Bobby
Old 11-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Infidel

Glad to help.
Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.