mild lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 06:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
mild lift

Ok, so I've looked around and haven't really found much help on the setup I have/want. I have done plenty of research on the RSK and everything to accompany it as well as directly contacted Cary on the RSK as well. What I'm looking at doing is getting a little extra lift to clear my 35s I just got a deal on. I've got a 95 250 ext cab long bed, only change to the suspension is that I've swapped a Dana 60 solid axle under the front from a 93 f350 and had the driveshaft from mine lengthened to fit properly. I'm looking at doing an add a leaf up front and replacing the 2" rear blocks with the f350 4" blocks or finding a cheap pair online. I want to know if anybody has any recommendations on a cheap set of add a leafs or really if there is a cheaper/simpler way to lift the front. Also, what extra would be entailed in doing this lift, lengthening driveshafts etc etc. I'm not too worried about ride quality cause lets face it, these old trucks ride like a horse and buggy to begin with.

Thanks in advance for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

anybody with feedback? I'm really just wondering what would be necessary for a 2" rear lift and add a leaf on a D60 swap?
Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

The 350 blocks are like 3.75" at the tall point of the taper. Just keep that in mind... as for a cheep lift, do u have a old leaf spring packs laying around? Or can go to a JY and get some? Have u swapped in the f350 springs vs the 250 springs in the front. Some guys just need to trim the front bumper a bit to fit 35s under a d60 swapped truck. One guy put 37s with a 2.5'' mini pack

Some guys have taken old leaf spring packs and cut them down into what is known as a mini pack. Guy buy the name of JJFLASH did this, PM him for more info. Google search mini-packs and u will find them in kits also. I don't recommend the ones off eBay as they are not made from spring steel and can fatigue causing damage. There is also a reason why they come in no larger then 2.5", don't know what that reason is, but don't want to find out.

Other guys have taken the whole bottom leaf of a set of rear springs and installed it under the front springs. The guy who did it first on here we know as Elmo. The guy to talk to is TerryKight if u search his name and PM him, he is on here much more often.

Last edited by ol_Blue97; 12-12-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with work. I don't have a spare set of leafs laying around, but yes I can go to the JY and easily get some. I did swap over the f350 springs with the axle, I had read they were better for ride and well pretty much everything. Also thanks for the info. I'm looking at doing a set of 4" tapered rear blocks and doing the add a leaf up front, as of right now it looks like I may be tearing apart a rear set and doing it that way. On a normal set of rims I could probably clear with just trimming the bumper, but these rims are like 12" wide and almost zero offset(maybe slight negative) which makes the tires hit a slight bit on the fender.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Full A-Team Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Here is mine with the added leaf in front, 35's would easily fit, I have 285's on it, the most you should have to do is shim the bumper for the width

Old 12-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That's the exact stance I'm looking for, nothing too crazy, but enough to have good clearance from the ground and not rub tires. BTW, hate you for having such a super clean CC LB...seriously though, seen the rig on the forums for a while, very nice man
Old 12-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Full A-Team Member

It turns heads, of all ages....drives my girlfriend nuts LOL
Old 12-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

how much did it stiffen your ride elmo.... seems like the mini pack is a better option so it doesnt make your truck like driving a bulldozer
Old 12-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Full A-Team Member

Rides the same as it did with 10 ply 235's on it with 80 psi, it definately tightened up but I wouldnt go so far as to say it is horrible, in my case the truck handles way better.

If you want the truck to ride the exact same as it does now, do the mini pack, or just make it yourself by cutting down regular leafs to the mini length
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.