DDM HID Dim and flicker - on road trip need HELP ASAP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 05:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DDM HID Dim and flicker - on road trip need HELP ASAP

Hey guys. Need some help.

Just got my 55 w 6000k HIDs from DDM, installed then and left for trip to NY the next morning. Lights seemed really dim , i know my headlight lenses are smokes but i am hardly getting any light output to the road. Sun came up. So no worries but whem it went down again and i was on country roads in the rain i could not see anything.

Im supposed to head back to NC early tomorrow so i need to figure this out today

Any help would be great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 06:51 AM

Check your connections. They are pretty army proof systems. But it sounds like you have a loose connection. My first kit had issues with the plug in from the oe light harness to the dem harness. The plugs were pushing out of the plastic holder. Might look there?
Old 12-08-2012, 09:58 AM
BANNED by Kris

I'm with vandy. When you ordered the kit did you get the optional harness (comes with the hi/low kit but you didn't say that's what you got). Also, the bulbs (if they are the hi/low kit) can be installed up-side-down. Meaning you might be in "hi mode" which is dimmer down in front of you.

Last edited by BigFuel; 12-09-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:14 PM

If your not strapped for cash you could purchase a regular set of cheap bulbs for the time being and just bypass the HID system until you get home. Be careful out there man. Night vision is important, especially in the rain
Old 12-10-2012, 05:42 AM

Made it back to NC in one peice. Messed with the lights and the connections a bit, seemed to get a little brighter but Im still not seeing the output like in my old 55w on my last truck. I also think the smoked lensed screw things up too. I do have the high/low set up and the wiring harnes for the high/low function. I installed all correctly so it might just been the headlight housing and the smoke lenses.

I guess I just need to get a bright set of fog lights that I can run as "low beam" lights to light the road up more.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:54 AM

The smoked lenses do hamper the light output. From second hand sources I've heard that DDM quality is hit or miss, but I don't know that for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.