PCM - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
the recall is because these trucks spontaniously (sp?) combust, a member here actually had his house burn down kause it does happen, just not often enough for ford to have to pay for the damages done, its unfortunate but true bud, i still love mine tho
Actually, I think he just barely saved his house by pulling the truck down the driveway as it was burning up, and bailing the 4311 out. But the truck was a complete loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 12:21 PM
BANNED by Kris

Ford sends me the recall notice every two months. I'm hiding from it because of the fact that I'm lazy and live on the cruise control. Too many stories of people losing it to the recall. Incidentally my USAA auto policy covers my truck if it does burn down.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:06 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
my insurance also covers that too, just letting you know why they keep doing a recall, and afaik it is supposed to keep the truck from burning, but they come out with a new recall for the cruise every few months anyway, only thing ford never could figure out correctly on these rigs is the cruise control.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Unless your truck is totally stock and you do minimal maintenance on it, insurance will never really cover the loss. You may get "market value" from them, but you'll never get the sweat equity you've put into the truck, and you won't get a dime for what it will take to find a replacement, given how much harder OBS PSDs are to find with each passing day.

I only know about our two, and those that I read about on the various forums, but I haven't heard of a case of the recall work causing the cruise to fail. Even if it did, that sounds like something that could be troubleshot and addressed (maybe the fuse that's part of the mod is blowing, and maybe because it _should_ be...) like any other issue. I'd rather make it sefe, then make it functional.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:48 PM
BANNED by Kris

You need to move up to USAA insurance bud. USAA give you your trucks worth + all your receipts. Every time I do something to the truck a fax them a copy of the receipt and it is added to their file. As it stands right now They say my truck is worth 7k +13k in "Improvements". It's the only Insurance agency that has called me and told me to brake something because it's getting old and if it brakes before it gets out of there system they will buy me a current market replacement. That and every year that we have a issue free year, automotive wise, we get 70% back for what we put in that year. USAA covers everything I own. They actually called me and told me to pull the diamonds out of my wife's engagement ring and file the ring as lost. I'm not a crook and have never acted on it but the offer comes every year. MILITARY INSURANCE FOR THE WIN!!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuel View Post
You need to move up to USAA insurance bud. USAA give you your trucks worth + all your receipts. Every time I do something to the truck a fax them a copy of the receipt and it is added to their file. As it stands right now They say my truck is worth 7k +13k in "Improvements". It's the only Insurance agency that has called me and told me to brake something because it's getting old and if it brakes before it gets out of there system they will buy me a current market replacement. That and every year that we have a issue free year, automotive wise, we get 70% back for what we put in that year. USAA covers everything I own. They actually called me and told me to pull the diamonds out of my wife's engagement ring and file the ring as lost. I'm not a crook and have never acted on it but the offer comes every year. MILITARY INSURANCE FOR THE WIN!!!!!
Well thank god I have USAA lol and bad news so on top of existing problem I noticed that my fuel heater was unpluged last night so before I left work I plugged it back in and poof she runs even better for like 10mins and then just shuts off now I dont have my WTS light and she just cranks but wont trun over now im thinkin I can replace my 30amp fuse and that will be that cuz I think that the wire for the fuel heater seein aas as how its a live hot wire was grounding off on my manifold or fuel bowl so im gunna tape the crud out of it but what do you guys think.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 AM
BANNED by Kris

Unplug the heater again. You can buy a new one but eventually it will pop the heater again.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:08 AM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuel View Post
i have progressive and they said they would give me blue book on my rig, which is 13k here, figure when i pass that value in costs i would upgrade, but i may switch to usaa kause i have never heard anything bad about it
Old 12-11-2012, 10:13 AM
BANNED by Kris

Even though it is now illegal in California all insurers still use your zip code to estimate coverage and value. I live in Blood territory so nothing prices very well around here.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ah finally and thanks for the help guys it was my fuel heater by plugin it back in I blew the fuse so im just gunna keep it unplugged but she runs nice and smooth now I just went tape crazy with the wire for the fuel heater problem solved plus a new fuse. All I know is my old f-150 when I totaled it no thanks to someone pulling out in front of me gave 6gs for it truck was worth maybe 4gs but I had about another 2gs in mods on it so they fully remburised me for everything and they have never let me down I go through them for everything they have never let me down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.