Speed vs. MPG - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Speed vs. MPG

Last week I decided to try slowing down on my way to work I drive 25 miles a day all highway. Anyway normally I get betwen 17-18 mpg going 70-75 mph.Last week set the cruise control at 55 everyday about 1800rpm it really didn't make a difference I still got about 17.6 mpg not that I am complaining I think that is pretty fair. Would anyone be able to tell me my axle ratio on the sticker in the door jam under axel it says 35. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by longjohn73
Last week I decided to try slowing down on my way to work I drive 25 miles a day all highway. Anyway normally I get betwen 17-18 mpg going 70-75 mph.Last week set the cruise control at 55 everyday about 1800rpm it really didn't make a difference I still got about 17.6 mpg not that I am complaining I think that is pretty fair. Would anyone be able to tell me my axle ratio on the sticker in the door jam under axel it says 35. thanks
you have to look on the tag of the truck......

it will either say...just using a 3.73 as an example......3 73 or 3L 73.....
Old 07-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would think you have 4:10's like me. Last time I checked I was making about 18 mpg's.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:40 PM

About the same here.....
Old 07-26-2006, 06:42 PM
7.3 tech, supporter

I think code 35 is for 4.10's with a capacity of 6250#. at least that's what that code was for a 1991 model, not sure if it will be the same for yours
Old 07-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Infidel

22mpg from Dallas to Destin, decided to fill up again once I got 700 miles out of my two tanks. Running open air intake and open exhaust from turbo back, took the fan off (no cooling issues so far), front tire pressure 65, rear tire pressure 70. Try to stay right at 1900 RPM's(70-72mph).
Craig
Old 07-29-2006, 12:10 AM

Send a message via MSN to gemiller
lost

hey guys im new here so bear with me . i was getting 12-16 on hwy and 9s city. but i dont know if i did something wrong but i installed a turbotronic ball buster 93mm turbo then i set my edge to extreme and know im getting 18-22hwy and 16-19 city i have a 5 '' exhuast from turbo end to tail pipe also volant cold air intake. its 2002 4x4 38,000mile crew cab (wifes truck) also i picked up my 38' toybox fifth wheel and i was getting 19hwy now i know im reading the factory monitor but man that tank just doesnt seem to be going empty. also i have the bd transmission and full gauges egt, boost, trans temp,

Last edited by gemiller; 07-29-2006 at 12:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.