This is how to make 7.3 roll coal - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Red face This is how to make 7.3 roll coal

Cut the 2 wires for the back pressure valve on the turbo pedestool. ground the black one and run the red one to a switch then from the switch to a power source like the hot on the battery. When i turn the switch on and i give it full throttle i lose some power and the exhaust sounds like a vacume cleaner but man does it ever smoke. U cant see anything at all behind u the smoke is that thick and black. The switch also acts as a exhaust brake when u let off the throttle which is nice too. Now i know therell be a lot of arguing on this post on why smoking is bad for the environment but just keep comments to urself. As soon as i make a video of how to do it and i figure out how to upload it on here then i will.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'll tell you an even better way to make that 7.3 smoke. Stick a walmart bag (has to be a Walmart bag or it won't work) over your air intake and throw about 4 tires in the bed soaked with about 5 gallons of diesel fuel and set that beotch on FIA! All the black smoke you could ever want. Kid give your daddy his keys back along with his credit card and gtfo with this chit. Grow up moron, stupid azz threads and information like this from re's like you are the EXACT reason that the EPA and CARB are DESTROYING this sport and diesel engines as a whole. And the fact that you even stated you were going to get flamed for your post Along with your still going to post a video of you doing this even proves that you have no right owning or driving a diesel powered anything.

Last edited by Tuscany; 12-01-2012 at 02:16 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

In an attempt to save this thread before everyone wakes up and flames the hell outta this kid, ive gotta question. Growing up i remembered getting stuck behind an older diesel they would smoke like crazy pulling up hills. Ive never seen my rig smoke once. Why would my truck not? Have anything to do with the ULSD? I'm not complaining. Don't really want the smoke. Just wondering
Old 12-01-2012, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy View Post
Growing up i remembered getting stuck behind an older diesel they would smoke like crazy pulling up hills. Ive never seen my rig smoke once. Why would my truck not? Have anything to do with the ULSD? I'm not complaining. Don't really want the smoke. Just wondering
It's primarily due to the fact that our engines are electronically controlled, and the total fuel delivery is being constantly adjusted depending on total air mass charge going into the cylinder.

Old diesels, even turbo ones, are non-feedback mechanical systems. Fuel delivery by an injection pump meant that the more throttle applied resulted in more fuel delivery. As the vehicle was driving through increased load, the resulting air charge would decrease but fuel delivery would not, resulting in less complete combustion of the fuel charge. Some mechanical diesels, such as the very elegant Mercedes 617 turbo, had an atmospheric compensation system called the ALDA system, as well as vacuum-fed fuel trimming that would try to adjust fuel charge under load. Guys like me, in the interests of power and as a byproduct get a little more coal, remove the tamper seal on the ALDA and trick the mechanical system into believing that atmospheric pressure is much higher than it really is... resulting in more fuel delivery under all conditions. Tailgaters can also be dealt with by stepping on the pedal repeatedly and not allowing the turbo lag to catch up to the extra fuel.

EDIT: This is also why guys like my friend with a 91 12V have such an easy time getting coal... they can adjust delivery on their stock VE pumps quite easily [/EDIT]

The only way to get the 7.3 to roll coal is to increase fuel delivery by way of programming. Stock, as well as most aftermarket tunes, will not have excess fuel... maybe a little bit more in tow tunes but I've only ever noticed a bit of coal when in tow mode and shifting to a higher gear under load.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:24 AM

Do you have a manual or auto trans?

Also, did you upgrade your exhaust valve springs?

I made my Samsung SGH-I997 send this.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:37 PM

dude, go look on the 6.4 and 6.7 forums and see what they're having to deal with right now in terms of deletes for their engines because of stupid stuff like this. why do you WANT to be the guy with the p.o.s truck that has no power and runs more inefficiently than a beat up old carbd truck?? my trucks been having injector problems lately, its been smoking EVERYWHERE, just like what you're talking about. and you know what? its not cool, its embarressing...
Old 12-01-2012, 11:45 PM
'Merica

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red '97 View Post
dude, go look on the 6.4 and 6.7 forums and see what they're having to deal with right now in terms of deletes for their engines because of stupid stuff like this. why do you WANT to be the guy with the p.o.s truck that has no power and runs more inefficiently than a beat up old carbd truck?? my trucks been having injector problems lately, its been smoking EVERYWHERE, just like what you're talking about. and you know what? its not cool, its embarressing...
This.

Smoking needs to stay on the track. Not the streets. The EPA is hungry, and they know we have money. And they want it.

sent from phone
Old 12-02-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
I'll tell you an even better way to make that 7.3 smoke. Stick a walmart bag (has to be a Walmart bag or it won't work) over your air intake and throw about 4 tires in the bed soaked with about 5 gallons of diesel fuel and set that beotch on FIA! All the black smoke you could ever want. Kid give your daddy his keys back along with his credit card and gtfo with this chit. Grow up moron, stupid azz threads and information like this from re's like you are the EXACT reason that the EPA and CARB are DESTROYING this sport and diesel engines as a whole. And the fact that you even stated you were going to get flamed for your post Along with your still going to post a video of you doing this even proves that you have no right owning or driving a diesel powered anything.
When I started reading your reply I was shocked! After the first two sentences I thought I was going to have to yell at you and the OP. But in the end I could not of said it better myself Tuscany.

To the OP: GTFO of here Fag!
Old 12-02-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post

I hope your joking!
Old 12-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post

My exact thoughts...... u do know that these engines have hydrolic lifters right??? When u close that valve it spikes your engine back pressures and then on top of that your dumb azz is flooring it and dumping fuel in the engine to send pressures even higher. This will lift your valves casing your lifter to float which when the cam comes back into its rotation it can bend the push rods, or piston to valve contact and brae valves, rockers, and push rods...... wait i forgot u just want to roll coal and don't care what it does to your engine! Next go round it will break and u will think that its junk because it did, but in reality u just shouldn't own a diesel if u cant respect it and maintain..... daddy must have bought that truck for u and pay to maintain it and fuel it, i know i cant afford those bills.

Last edited by ol_Blue97; 12-02-2012 at 06:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.