Talk Me Out Of It - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talk Me Out Of It

I have the opportunity to buy a 4x4 96 F250 ccsb powerstroke for $500. It was last lisenced in 06 and it has sat since. the intake tubing running from the air filter to the turbo was removed for some reason and the turbo siezed.. no big deal it comes with a spare. it will need all new components on the front of the engine ac compressor ps pump alt tensioner and idlers. what do i need to do to get this thing running? what do i need to be worried about seeing as how it sat for 6 years? im new to diesels but am not new to wrenching. As for the parts cost im not to worried i work for a NAPA and get stuff for cost. any advice, pointers, or words of wisdom are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 07:30 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
why haven't you bought it yet. i would look into JY parts for the accessories, why do you think it needs them? as for getting it running make sure you have fresh fuel, oil, and batteries. and you'll need to do something about the turbo
Old 11-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

the belt is off and i spun the components the vaccum pump and the water pump are the only 2 that didnt make a terrible noise i will have to put the new used turbo on but im just trying to find out some of the hidden costs before i jump into it.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

These trucks are worth more than $500 melted down for scrap.
BUY IT!
As far as getting it running, all new fluid/filters. This means coolant, oil, and fuel. To get it drive-able, I would also do diffs, transmission fluid, and give the brake system an overhaul.
Be prepared for leaks. O-rings dry out and crack when they sit for an extended period of time. Fuel bowl, HPOP, and turbo pedestal o-rings would be the top culprits. Also expect some cracking/rot in the rubber fuel lines in the valley.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Super Duper Duty

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
even if you dont get it running youd make your money back and then some if you parted it out
Old 11-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i love the obs trucks i have no intentions to scrap it. i just want to get some opinions from people that know these trucks and their drivetrains inside and out. i love the positive responses.. everyone else i have talked to about it cant figure out how i can even think about putting $3000 into a $500 truck. if it runs of course!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 MIKE View Post
I have the opportunity to buy a 4x4 96 F250 ccsb powerstroke for $500. It was last lisenced in 06 and it has sat since. the intake tubing running from the air filter to the turbo was removed for some reason and the turbo siezed.. no big deal it comes with a spare. it will need all new components on the front of the engine ac compressor ps pump alt tensioner and idlers. what do i need to do to get this thing running? what do i need to be worried about seeing as how it sat for 6 years? im new to diesels but am not new to wrenching. As for the parts cost im not to worried i work for a NAPA and get stuff for cost. any advice, pointers, or words of wisdom are appreciated.
i have all the stuff u will need for the front of that engine, PM me maby we can work something out!!
Old 11-16-2012, 05:56 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Ya don't want it.......................................I'll take it off your hands..
Old 11-16-2012, 08:04 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^x2 especially a ccsb, heck if the interior and body are in decent shape it's worth more than $3000.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ill buy it sight unseen right now for 750 lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.