How about some rec's - putting together efuel..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How about some rec's - putting together efuel.....

I'm not even wanting to waste the time tracking down and fixing this fuel leak, so I'm going to make the jump to e fuel. I've been reading a bunch of threads on various forums so I'm beginning to get my head wrapped around the idea. I've still got a bunch if questions and hope I can get some help from you fellas.

Parts.

So from my reading it looks like I'm going to need just to start:
25-35 micron fuel filter after the tank and before the pump.

An electric fuel pump

A 5 micron fuel filter

A water separator-is this a separate unit from my filters? If yes, where does it go in the chain of events?

An adjustable FPR that will take or has a liquid filled pressure gauge.

A regulated return to the tank

Fuel line and assorted fittings/clamps

Ok, so what I havnt found I'm my search is spec' or flow rates or pressure rates.

So if I could get some rec's on what I should be looking at, make/model/flow rate/brand etc. I'm going to be doing most of my shopping at my local napa store.

Oh one more thing for right now.... Mounting brackets for the filters? I don't have the capacity to fabricate them, so ill be looking for something I can buy/bolt on.

I don't have a thick wallet so I'm looking for decent products. I don't want to be *****y but I don't need super slick racing gear either.

Alright let's get this party started.

Last edited by creekfreak; 11-12-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 03:32 AM
Transmission or Injectors

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekfreak View Post
I'm not even wanting to waste the time tracking down and fixing this fuel leak, so I'm going to make the jump to e fuel. I've been reading a bunch of threads on various forums so I'm beginning to get my head wrapped around the idea. I've still got a bunch if questions and hope I can get some help from you fellas.

Parts.

So from my reading it looks like I'm going to need just to start:
25-35 micron fuel filter after the tank and before the pump.

An electric fuel pump

A 5 micron fuel filter

A water separator-is this a separate unit from my filters? If yes, where does it go in the chain of events?

An adjustable FPR that will take or has a liquid filled pressure gauge.

A regulated return to the tank

Fuel line and assorted fittings/clamps

Ok, so what I havent found I'm my search is spec' or flow rates or pressure rates.

So if I could get some rec's on what I should be looking at, make/model/flow rate/brand etc. I'm going to be doing most of my shopping at my local napa store.

Oh one more thing for right now.... Mounting brackets for the filters? I don't have the capacity to fabricate them, so ill be looking for something I can buy/bolt on.

I don't have a thick wallet so I'm looking for decent products. I don't want to be *****y but I don't need super slick racing gear either.

Alright let's get this party started.
Your 25 micron can be a water separating filter.

When you hook up the pump, it goes to the engine, then the regulator goes on the lines coming from the engine, back to the tank, making the regulated return. (The regulator goes after the engine, if you are looking at all the pieces of the system in a row)

Fabricating might be an issue, as there aren't many parts that are direct bolt on (everything seems to need some kind of bracket). The aeromotive regulator I bought came with one, that I bent up to make work.

Hopefully that helps a bit.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:50 AM
the baconator

larry has you covered. you already have a reg return on your OBS. plumb your filters/pump in between the selector valve and the motor. personally i would use a 7.3 pump and if you buy a new one they come with the bracket and the wiring harness. i got mine on ebay. there was a guy on there selling about 1 a week. there have been some people with problems using airtex/carter/walboro pumps, but only a few. the great thing is almost all parts stores carry a pump for the 7.3. you can also post a wanted add here for a pump.

I followed mjonesjr's write up almost to a T and it has been one of the best mods I have done.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:21 AM

Thanks guys. When you say use a 7.3 pump I'm guessing you mean a 99 or later or SD pump?
And is a 7 micron filter sufficient post pump? That's the best napa seems to find in their wix catalog.
Also can anyone point me to a diagram of what line is what on the fuel bowl/ fpr assembly and the fuel pump itself pease? The plumbing is the thing that scares me the most lol and I'd like to just cut and splice into the existing lines as much as possible.
It's a 95.
Thanks a ton for the feedback.

Last edited by creekfreak; 11-14-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:59 PM
the baconator

yeah a pump from a 99 early or late doesn't matter on up. big fuel (matt) has a great image of the fuel bowl, pump, lines, etc pm him i'm sure he'll help you out. but i will say the plumbing is easy look into fleet filter for filters cheaper than NAPA though they carry NAPA filters i have a 3528 post pump micron rating of 2
Old 11-14-2012, 07:05 PM

Cool. Mind throwing me part numbers for your filter heads?

Appreciate the help.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:05 AM
the baconator

i used 2 4770 bases, a 3367 fuel filter/water separator, and a 3528 post pump filter i think it all was about $60 with shipping from fleet filter
Old 11-15-2012, 03:46 AM

X2 on fleetfilter.com

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 11-15-2012, 06:12 AM

Sweet. Thanks!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:50 PM

Probably the biggest stumbling block I see when it comes to E-Fuel setups it the wiring aspect of it. It really isn't that difficult, but if wiring scares you check out strictly diesel's OBS e-fuel wiring harness. I haven't actually laid hands on one, but from the looks of it everything including an oil pressure safety switch is already there.
OBS Fuel Pump Harness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.