forgive me boys for i have sinned.....almost - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy View Post
almost pulled the trigger this morning on selling my OBS and my shelby on a............dodge. clean truck. lots of power. not worth the 800 a month payments.

i think i would have been regretting selling the obs. the dodge was/is nice, no rattles but really i think i like the power of the obs better. not sure why, maybe i just have a freak truck. but ive driven 2 6.0L fords, a 5.9 dodge and now a 6.7 dodge. i really dont see a HUGE difference in the power over my truck. not to justify the money any way. i can do a lot of upgrades to my truck for 50k

Your 7.3 is stock? and just having sold my 97 OBS with mods after a purchase of a 2012 F350 in September I can tell you there is no comparision what so ever to a stock 7.3 or one that is chipped with exhaust and intake mods. Spend some time on the 6.7 forum and yes there are some problems though no more then you would read on the other manufacture forum sites.
Buying a new truck wether Dodge, GMC / Chevy you should have a need to quantify that 800 per month payment. The new Ford 6.7 is awesome and if you are happy with your OBS then like you say keep it and built it up.
Tough choice for me, see my thread from last week when I sold my 97 OBS after 15 years of ownership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 03:50 AM

As far as i know my 7.3 is stock, other than the kid cut about 3 feet out of my exhaust. Everyone that hears my truck asks if my Turbo is stock. Again to my knowledge it is but its LOUD! I know the intake downpipe is stock. I've owned it for 6 months or so and have no complaints. I almost enjoy driving her more than my Shelby.
I looked at the 07 Dodge. It was a strong rig. The interior was lacking. It definitely lived up to the dodge "Ówesome motor wrapped in a crap truck " reputation.
The '12 i drove yesterday was fancy inside. That said its new so who knows how long it will last.

I really do enjoy my rig. I think for about 5k or so i could have a really SOLID rig. The most ill haul is a 10k lb loaded travel trailer. My wife is......well a snobby little B. She likes my truck but wants to have a new one with a warranty blah blah blah. Sure it will be nice to have but I'm really not sold on the longevity of these new rigs.

Dodge or more cummins still confuses me. Most reviews have them coming in last compared to Chevy and ford, but these guys that run them are SOLD in them. Buddy of mine tells me i just need to tow with one. When i was looking for my rig i found a 97 cclb 4x4 with a cummins 5.9 and an Allison trans. Having never owned one and going off the stories I've heard that sounded like a solid combo. Maybe something to shoot for lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 11-13-2012, 12:25 PM

$800 a month will keep an OBS on the road for a LONG time. Add in a few extra hundred after you make the switch to veg and soon your truck will be buying you houses.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelliousw0n View Post
$800 a month will keep an OBS on the road for a LONG time. Add in a few extra hundred after you make the switch to veg and soon your truck will be buying you houses.
Ain't that the truth. That was another turn off on a new rig. The wvo would be hard to sell to the wife. With the OBS she could care if i ran cat piss thru it

Old 11-13-2012, 01:28 PM

Guys with Cummins go by blind faith. Henceforth they typically put Cummins all over everything. I work with a kid who has a cummins he must run that sum***** up to 3 or 4k before he shifts. He also put a big cummins windshield decal on his girlfriends car (a chevy lumina). Hahaha them boys better keep on that bandwagon because it is all they have going for them.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovemeister View Post
Guys with Cummins go by blind faith. Henceforth they typically put Cummins all over everything. I work with a kid who has a cummins he must run that sum***** up to 3 or 4k before he shifts. He also put a big cummins windshield decal on his girlfriends car (a chevy lumina). Hahaha them boys better keep on that bandwagon because it is all they have going for them.
X2 trying living on a college campus all the idiots running around with their cummins there nothing special, I would buy a new ford over anything else anyday, there a lot nicer and classier IMO

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-13-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistlin dixie View Post
X2 trying living on a college campus all the idiots running around with their cummins there nothing special, I would buy a new ford over anything else anyday, there a lot nicer and classier IMO

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Yep I know how it is. At one of the local community colleges the state police showed up one day and went to the "truck side" of the parking lot. They wrote up all types of tickets, improper mud flaps, too wide of tires, red dye etc. Most of the guys were the cummins coal rollers, hahahaha.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:07 PM

it gets real old, everyone here thinks black smoke = horsepower. it drives me insane
Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistlin dixie View Post
it gets real old, everyone here thinks black smoke = horsepower. it drives me insane
Black smoke and vinyl make the world go round son!

Old 11-13-2012, 07:01 PM

that would explain alot! hold on while i go get a plastic bag for my air filter and a giant P for my back window! l
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.