1996 eclb opinions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 07:36 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1996 eclb opinions

Hey guys
I'm newer to the diesel thing and want to buy a OBS. I was looking around on Craigslist and saw this.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/3368467211.html

The truck has 170,000 miles on the new motor with paper work but the trans was said to be changed but no paper work. The truck has rust around the rear wheel wells and on the driver side quarter panel has a spot (in the picture below). Everything else on the truck looks good from what i know about these things. What do you Guys think from the info. I know its very limited. Any opinions would helpful.

Last edited by MDdiesel; 11-04-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 05:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I bought mine for 4grand from the original owner 250,000 miles it was bone stock no rust. My phone wont let me see the picture of the rust but if its just surface rust its pretty easy to get rid of before it gets bad. I dont know what obs truck go for where your from but i would never pay that much unless everything was documented And there was no rust. Im from Washington for 9 grand you can buy about the nicest obs around. Some of the guys on here that live closer to you might say different tho. Thats just my. 02
Old 11-05-2012, 05:47 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
that one seems pretty expensive.... maybe 7G
Old 11-05-2012, 06:48 AM

that's what i was thinking offering around 7.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

$6500-7000. ECLB is not exactly a rare cab/bed config. We bought a stock ECLB with WAAAY fewer miles for $5500. Cautions:
* Chip + programmer = bad idea - Interesting he doesn't list the 6 modes for the chip...
* Tint + smoked taillights + exhaust tip + stickers = "American rice" - owner is usu. more interested in showing off to his friends (e.g. how much coal he can roll) than actually maintaining the vehicle
* Tint + smoked taillights = "pull me over" - tint on windows adjacent to driver is generally legal only in southern states
* LED third brake ("break"?) light - Likely to cause TC issues if it's an automatic

Speaking of which, why would he go through listing all the bling on the truck, and overlook two major things that actually matter - tranny type and diff ratio?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:43 AM
BANNED by Kris

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
$6500-7000. ECLB is not exactly a rare cab/bed config. We bought a stock ECLB with WAAAY fewer miles for $5500. Cautions:
* Chip + programmer = bad idea - Interesting he doesn't list the 6 modes for the chip...
* Tint + smoked taillights + exhaust tip + stickers = "American rice" - owner is usu. more interested in showing off to his friends (e.g. how much coal he can roll) than actually maintaining the vehicle
* Tint + smoked taillights = "pull me over" - tint on windows adjacent to driver is generally legal only in southern states
* LED third brake ("break"?) light - Likely to cause TC issues if it's an automatic

Speaking of which, why would he go through listing all the bling on the truck, and overlook two major things that actually matter - tranny type and diff ratio?
^Agreed. Cali allows dark tint on driver and passenger windows now. My LED 3rd light doesn't feed back through my system. Sounds like the guy thinks he has a nice truck but doesn't really know much about it OR he does and is trying to unload a problem on someone.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:03 PM

thanks guys. I found out that the trucks been wrecked and the rear diff. leaks badly. time to look for another one.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

i actually have seen that one on CL a few times... way too$$$ for what it is
Old 11-05-2012, 02:29 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ol_Blue97 View Post
i actually have seen that one on CL a few times... way too$$$ for what it is
i've seen in too.

i also agree with the "ricer" comment

OP where are you from. there are several of us from MD. i'll keep an eye out for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.