Winglet window replacement? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 12:25 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Winglet window replacement?

Long story short an idiot friend of mine locked the keys in my truck when he borrowed it. He stuck something in the winglet window and bent the hell out of it to get back in. Is there a schematic somewhere of what it looks like, or is supposed to look like when I take this apart and try and find a replacement at the junkyard? I can't figure out how to get it out. Seems like it should just be a pop rivet or some bolts.

Yeah, dumb question I know. But its Saturday and I'm not in the mood for messing with it much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

From the service manual:

Quote:
Window, Vent and/or Weatherstrip

Removal

1. Remove the front door trim panel (23942).

2. Remove the screw retaining the front door vent window division bar to the front door inner panel.

3. Remove the two screws attaching front door vent window frame to the leading edge of front door (20124).

4. Lower front door window glass to full down position.

5. Pull the front door glass top run (21596) out of the front door vent window division bar.

6. Tilt the front door vent window and front door vent window division bar toward the rear of the front door and remove the front door vent window and frame assembly from the front door.

7. Remove the retaining nut and front door vent window pivot spring from the vent window lower pivot.

8. Separate the front door vent window weatherstrip retainer and the pivot stops from the front door vent window frame and front door vent window weatherstrip.

Installation

1. Position the front door vent window glass frame with the pivot stops into the front door vent window weatherstrip retainer and front door vent window weatherstrip assembly.

2. Install the front door vent window pivot spring and retaining nut. Adjust spring tension for proper operation.

3. Position front door vent window glass and front door vent window division bar into front door and to the glass edge. Make sure front door window spacer is in place.

4. Install the vent window frame to leading edge of the front door with two retaining screws.

5. Install screw attaching front door vent window division bar. Adjust the front door vent window division bar so that the front door window glass is not loose or binding.

6. Install the front door trim panel and retaining screws.
Hope that helps! Cheers!
Old 10-28-2012, 11:35 AM

Perfect, thanks a ton. I was stupidly staring at it trying to do it without pulling the trim panel off. Sometimes the mind gets fixated and can't operate well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.