Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

anyone running

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  rolsmojave3 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Invalid link fyi.

Whats a tank heater and what are you using it for?

#3 ·
sorry try this one?
Kat's 13150 1500 Watt Aluminum Circulating Tank Heater : Amazon.com : Automotive

i was on my cell for the other so im sure it gave the mobile site.

thinking about running it on the coolant system on my 7.3. i was looking to get one in my old k5. if nothing else it will keep from waking the dead in the morning (5am) when i fire the pig up to let her warm up. im sure ill still have her sit for a couple min, but maybe not as long, and not as much fuel as im doing now. ive read a lot about running them cold and all the damage it does. i need to look into the cost of the electric its going to take to run this for a couple hours every morning.

another thing im looking for is instant heat in the morning. i take my one year old to school when i leave for work and id rather not have him in the cold. maybe im raising a puss. lol

#5 ·
I think it would work great. Would have to find a place t mount it though. I like the "Uses versatile strap type mounting".

#6 ·
I've always used the block heater, that will get the radiator slightly warm to the touch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.