Best ticket with your OBS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Diesel Freak

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best ticket with your OBS

Got pulled yesterday on the JRB trooper said I passed him going 84MPH in a work zone I had two bottles of booze on the front seat and he measured both bumpers he didn't give me a reckless or anything else just a 84 in a 55 speeding ticket. I got off easy I know because he told me but I don't think there's any way I was going that fast I told him I'd get my speedo checked. Whats your best story. Post below.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Got pulled over by the campus-cowboys (university police) last year for, and i quote, "driving excessively loud" after rolling a little coal on the last day of classes.
Guy wouldn't get out of his vehicle until two other squad cars pulled up and managed to completely block traffic on the main road in/out of the school. When he finally came up to the window, he said he could hear my truck accelerating from a quarter mile away. I asked if I had been speeding. Nope. Asked if my driving had been reckless. Nope. Asked if he had any compelling reason for pulling me over. No reply.
Instead he walked to the back of my truck, and announced that he could see the center-line of my axle below the bumper, and as such I was required to have mud-flaps. I replied that by the same standard, both of the Ford Expeditions that he called as "backup" were in violation of the same mud-flap law.
Long and the short of it, I ended up with an official warning for "driving excessively loud" that's hanging proudly on my fridge.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Diesel Freak

Gotta love rent-a-cops. On the same bridge they had a check point set up I was coming back from a bar with two highly intoxicated girls taking them home and one of them was my EX so I was not too thrilled came up to the trooper and looked in my truck( bottom of my window was about eye level) he grabbed my license and papers and asked what type of exhaust are you running and how dark is your tint I have 20% and a 6x48" single stack no muffler no cat he says he will be right back and one of the girls is hiccuping and ready to blow chunks all over my dash and windshield 40mins later he comes back with a tint meter and puts it on gives my the 50% legal shpeal I say ok and 20 mins later I have to get out of my truck to sign the ticket to say the least I was not pleased at all.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:01 PM

I was pulled over by casper PD for excessive smoke!! Well I was stupid and jacked the programmer in my dads truck. I didn't know the two cars that were stopped in the middle of traffic at 10:00 at night were cops. Once the smoke cleared and there headlights were visible, he hauled up on me! Took him 6 miles to catch up on me. Well he was a pompas a** to me... both of them. Had me step out of the truck and everything. Told me if it weren't for how thick and much smoke there was, I'd be screwed... but his radar couldn't hit me... nor his dashcam. That was a lucky night. I got pulled over twice for that same thing tho. Second cop was cool. He just said that was the most smoke he's ever seen. I told him I'm tripping codes, so he voided it, and gave me a to fix ticket for outdated insurance. Lol

Sent from my LG-P925 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-20-2012, 10:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Maverick1701
I stopped a guy running through my county in a 97 OBS CC w/flatbed...he was running 89/70mph

Didnt get a ticket though...we BS'd about tunes/mods for a few mins then we went on our merrry way.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yngbuck19 View Post
Got pulled yesterday on the JRB trooper said I passed him going 84MPH in a work zone I had two bottles of booze on the front seat and he measured both bumpers he didn't give me a reckless or anything else just a 84 in a 55 speeding ticket. I got off easy I know because he told me but I don't think there's any way I was going that fast I told him I'd get my speedo checked. Whats your best story. Post below.
That's about top speed for an OBS isn't? :
Old 10-21-2012, 12:01 AM

Not in an OBS, but I got a speeding while towing.
Per dieseltips, I framed the ticket.

70 in a 55 while towing. $480.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:01 AM

haha heres a good thread for a guy like me.... last spring while out cruising college avenue on fort collins, i got a ticket for hauling a$$ out of an intersection, shooting the gap twice, and flying past my buddy. cop didnt radar me, he just saw me do all of this. looked in the mirror after all of this exxpecting there to be no cherries and berries like usual, but i was wrong. the CSU police officer gave me a ticket for single car "exhibition of acceleration" and it was 5 points. i already had 2 speeding tickets so this later resulted in a 2 month suspension of my drivers license oh to be a dumb high school kid....
Old 10-21-2012, 09:28 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ha, I've had my share of tickets.. Fortunately enough.. None are on my record..

But I never did get pulled for speeding in my Diesel.. But in my 87 Ford Mud truck i drove in highschool...

Cops just loved that thing..

Me and a buddy got pulled over going to lunch one day.. he was in a 78 Chevy on 36, my ford on 35's.. He pulled up behind me at a light, creeped up into my rear bumper, So naturally, I threw it in reverse, and we both gunned it... Me doing a burnout in reverse.. him doing a burnout in gear... Apparently the cop 2 cars back didn't like the fact that the white smoke covered up all 3 lanes of traffic...
Old 10-21-2012, 10:41 AM

I've got pulled over twice in my ford. Both times I was doing under the speed limit but was wondering and touched both the yellow line and the white line in a quarter mile... A little chat and I was on my way.

Now I did get a speed racing ticket in a stock 88 Landcruiser when I was in Highschool...

Nate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.