Might have to sell the OBS... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 07:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Might have to sell the OBS...

Really hate to have to post this to you all, but sadly i might have to sell my truck.
I have a '97 f-250 powerstroke extended cab, with 236k miles on her and she has been everything i've wanted in a truck. I bought her from a dealer in Oregon close to where i lived for 6,350 bucks.
Mods:
- 6637 mod
- 3'' dp to full 4'' MBRP turbo back exhaust (sadly i was in a rush to put it on that i didn't bang the firewall enough and rattles when downshifting.)
- D66 turbo that i just bought and am waiting for a weekend to install
- Ordering a Phoenix 6 pos chip from PHP (when i can get a hold of him)
- Auto down windows for both diver and passenger (took my time and did it really nice)
- 285/75/16 toyo mountain country tires (bought in September of last year, rotated every 2-4 mounts) + 3 spares and an unmounted toyo tire
- Oil change w/fuel filter every 5k miles (only delo 400)
- FPR screen cleaned last oil change
- New Mechanical fuel pump
- Overhead console from an ford explorer
- 3 gauge pod with EGT, boost, trans temp (Glow Shift sadly)
- New intake boots (to the turbo and 'Y' boots) from Riff Raff Diesel
- An all alum intercooler from a new body 7.3 (not plumed)
- New master and slave for the clutch w/new pedals and a extra plastic clip for the clutch
- All new breaks front + rear w/new wheel cylinders (best ones from Napa, new fluid as well)
- 6 and 7 way plug for towing with a ball in the bed for a gooseneck
Few think i might be overlooking

Bad;
- 2nd and 5th gear are worn out
- I hit a curb on a really tight bridge in sacramento, causing me to pinch the front passenger tire (has been replaced) aliment is off and need a camber kit
- This might sound odd but i had to remove an brace for a crossmember when i put i my exhaust ( MBRP didn't fight right, im 80% sure i will go back in if and when i fix the downpipe rattle)
- and you know just body wear from being 15 years old

i guess im asking what yall think i can get for her. currently in my Sacramento and i don't know the prices for this truck down here with all i've done, i know you can't get what you paid for in parts i've put but i would like the community opinion.
Thanks everyone for reading
~Garret
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sad to hear you have to sell it, may I ask why?

If you feel like selling your d66 let me know.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:32 PM

well she getting 12mpg city and it's hurting me. when i bought the truck i was working 2 jobs making well enough money to pay for diesel and the go cruise around in the woods on the weekend. but now im at school and only getting 700 bucks a month.

haha temping offer to sell the d66 but I'm going to keep it, i've waited almost since i bought this truck to put a upgraded turbo on it and get a chip. am getting it powder coated over this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.