Should I Buy?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 10:03 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Should I Buy??

Check out this truck, very hard to find 97 F350 crew cab 4x4 with 110,000 miles
he is asking 17,000$ kinda high i think but if i can get for 15k and if it runs and drive good, i think its well worth it. What do you think??
1997 Ford f350 Diesel power stroke

Update!! Just drove the truck, it looks twice as nice as the pictures, its a 1 owner, all service records, it all ready has the down pipe and straight pipe exhaust done, the old guy who owns it never sat directly on the seats, when he bought it new he put seat covers on it at the dearlership! The paint is cherry, brand new BFG all terrains, it has a Edge programmer, which has just been ran in tow mode, the tranny shifts nice and firm. I offered 15k but got shot down, they countered 16.5k and we settled at 16k with full tanks of diesel!
This is the best looking ford they ever made, with the best motor for 16k is a steal if you want my opinion. These trucks are very rare especially 1 old owner lol.
Picking it up in the morning!!

As for engine mods i was wondering whats the best thing to do? I have heard about all these custom tunes but were do you get them? Every site i go all i can find is banks, edge and superchip. I am thinking DP tuner with 80hp injectors??

Last edited by jbobrik; 09-23-2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Updates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 06:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I would not pay that for that Truck, He is asking too much, that is me personally, I have limits when I purchase a vehicle. There are better deals out there, keep looking!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:37 AM

I looked for one of those for 6 months. I could not find one in my price range that was clean with less than 150,000 mi. I settled for an f250 with 143,000 miles. I paid a lot for it. It was clean and had almost everything already done that I would need or would want to do. I have every record of fuel mileage, oil, changes, and all service records and modifications done to the truck since new. If that white truck has records he is asking top dollar. I still look here in Washington and I have seen a few trucks similar to that one go for around that price range. Hopefully he has records, is the first owner and you can deal with him and get him down a little. If not he will probably get his asking price eventually. If you have the coin and really want it I would do as much haggling as possible, check the service records etc. then make you're decision.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

It's worth whatever you're willing to pay for it. I think that's a little overpriced, considering it's a 15 year old truck. While it only has 110k miles, the mileage isn't really low enough to be asking a premium price like that. Maybe if it had 50k miles...
Old 09-23-2012, 08:32 AM

Clean truck but no way i'd get $17,000 dude is nuts. You can get a nice 99-2006 super duty for that kind of price.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:37 PM

I have updated my post, looked at the truck today.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:02 PM

Look at PHP, tony Wildman, beans etc for chips
Old 09-23-2012, 01:57 PM

am i the only one that thinks people are getting a little stupid with these prices?? your lucky if you would get close to half that from an insurance co if you totalled it out.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:12 PM

True but think the price of new trucks these days, 60k 70k i think that is ridiculous, and all the emissions and problems with the 6.0....
Old 09-23-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobrik View Post
True but think the price of new trucks these days, 60k 70k i think that is ridiculous, and all the emissions and problems with the 6.0....
i completely agree - but the fact that a newer truck, with all their technology and comfort, cost alot of money - DOESNT all of a sudden make old ones worth half what they cost new.

i feel like i write this alot, and im not trying to talk trash about these trucks, BUT - lets be a little realistic here. the fact that its a diesel doesnt negate the fact that theres a 17 year old truck wrapped around that motor, and as nice as it looks, that one will cost just as much to fix as mine when things break. at that price you can buy a base model 2013 honda accord and your a transmission away from breaking $20,000.

just to give you an idea- i paid $4,500 for my 95 dually with 110,000 miles on it like 5 years ago. true, i have some things that need attention, but $12,000 does NOT seperate that truck from mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.