mods for efficiency? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
mods for efficiency?

I just bought a 95 f-250 2wd reg. cab for my job as a residential carpenter in portland or.. What mods are most suited for increasing fuel efficiency? I don't care about more power, but I realize that is a product of making a diesel more efficient. Any ideas? Costs? I run b99 all summer, and b50 in the winter. Our 03' jetta has run on it since new. I hope to see more biodiesel available in more places soon as it is a solution ecologically, economically (u.s. jobs) and is straight up patriotic! And it smells delicious too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2006, 07:53 PM
lukecline

open up the intake and exhaust.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Infidel

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Howdy,
I am going to assume your name is Ben. A lot of us are running a huge Baldwin air filter and a 4" 45 degree piece of exhaust pipe to where your stock air box connects into the flexible hose going into the intake. Total cost of parts between 40.00 - 60.00. There are some professional set ups from vendors that run 200.00 - 300.00. Also some of us have "modified" our exhaust so that they are more free flowing. PM me and I can tell you more about that.
Depending on how hot it gets in your area and if you tow much, ditch your fan and fan clutch assembly. Alot of people say that they got 2 - 3 more mpg by doing that. If needed you can put in electric fans off of a windstar to help with cooling issues. Keep your fuel filter, air filter, and tires properly inflated, (the normal stuff), and go easy on the long verticle pedal to the right.
Those who have a chip can tell you more about that has done for them. I have 313K miles on my daily driver F-350, on road trips I get 20 mpg in the city closer to 15 - 16 mpg. I also run B99, tired of my money going to people who hate us, and more than happy to help farmers and jobs here in America.
See ya,
Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.