Question about e-fuel filter bases - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question about e-fuel filter bases

I would think that they would be common sense on how to hook up. I am running the 4770 base, and the stanadyne fm100.

For the 4770 does it matter where I run inlet and outlets? I would assume that one would use an x pattern instead of straight across. My thought is that doing this would bypass the filter. Here is how I have chosen to run it.

I would assume for the Stanadyne which has a 1,2,3,4 with no arrows would be the same x pattern. Is this correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 03:55 PM

Bump? Am I understanding this wrong and can use any direction/port that I want to?
Old 08-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Hee Hee, he's doing it...

The biggest thing to worry about is that the "IN" side feeds the outside of the filter element and the "OUT" side comes from the center of the filter. You have your diagram correct, the 4770 has 4 ports to keep things convenient for your install. Do not use Teflon tape on any fitting where there is a pump/compressor involved.

[EDIT: Just to clarify, the 4770 has only one inlet (arrows pointing at each other) and one outlet (arrows pointing away from each other). You just have to pick which direction you want your hoses to point.]

Last edited by BigFuel; 08-20-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:19 PM

Fantastic that is what I was hoping. My worry was just cirumventing the filter media and running straight through. Glad to hear I was correct. Based on that assumption I'd guess that the FM 100 is the same, although it only has 1,2,3,4.

Thanks a bunch for your help I was just getting worried wondering.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Hee Hee, he's doing it...

No worries.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:38 PM

Just curious - how do you plan to adapt to the banjo housing in the valley? Considering e-fuel myself...
Old 08-20-2012, 08:06 PM

I really wanted to go from a 12 ORBF to 1/2 nptm, and then 1/2 female to 3/8 barb.

I found the part for like $5 dollars, but shipping was going to be $20 dollars for that one little fitting. I said eff it and went through a different supplier who had the same fitting but it went to 3/4, and from there I am going 3/4 female to 1/2 male, and then 1/2 to 3/8 barb.

I am going to be making up kits (without regulator or fuel pump), with a nice bracket and rock shield, and the electrical. I'm gonna do a nice step by step guide, and probably a video of the install. Gonna use cat filters. However, I'm not a vendor so I won't be selling any until such time. Probably start selling them on ebay while I wait for that as I hear it can take a while. Should come in around $400 or so. According to market research that I have done there is a big demand for a kit including all the fittings and some of the leg work done, as regulators and fuel pumps are easy to find. Plus it gives the purchaser some leeway in choosing a less spendy option or a more spendy option than I have decided to use.

I've spent easily 20+ hours sourcing parts to ensure that I am getting the best deals and about the same time designing how I want it on my truck.

I was hoping to use 5/16 for most of the project, but in terms of my adaptation to the SD fuel pump it fits up to the quick lock barb and then stops. So my plan is to try and go over that with 5/16 or just run everything to 3/8, but it would require spending $60 dollars on new fuel injection hose.

ETA: I just tried and 3/8s fits perfect over the boss on the SD fuel pump. 5/16 double clamped is also really strong on there. I tried really pulling on it and it didn't even move.

Last edited by glovemeister; 08-20-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:00 AM

awesome, looking forward to the in-depth write-up and updates!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:25 AM

Glad to hear it. All of the writeups I have studied are pretty good. There is some stuff I have to learn through either trial and error and questions on this forum and others.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:51 PM

This question is not directly pertaining to the bases, but the wiring. I figured it would be best to use the same thread.

So for my wiring I plan to do it like this, pump grounded to efuel mount. Power wire ran up loom in frame then to pole 87 on relay.
86 on relay is going to ground in engine bay.
Pole 30 will have power from fused wire from battery.

Since I am planning on an inertia switch and an oil pressure switch, this is where it confuses me. I assume I could come off of pole 85 onto the relay, use the power wire on the IS, and then ground that, then I could run that into c on the OPS(oil pressure switch). Wouldn't it be feasible to run power from ignition source in fuse box to it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.