Doing it differently with my 95 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Rangers Lead The Way!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Doing it differently with my 95

Well way back in 2009 I had a bad streak with a few trucks. Saw my dads 94.5 PSD taking a ton of abuse. So after setting my heart on an super cab short bed 5 speed I ended up coming home with a regular cab long bed automatic. But the color scheme really hooked me.

here she is in her old owners driveway

It didnt take long before the mod bug got me. I did the usual exhaust, intake, and got a canned tune chip. Also blacked out the lights and did some tint

It actually stayed that way for a while till funds came back and then we got into wheels and tires for it. Which lead me to this gem.

So it got a D60 before anything else really. Did make it sit alot nicer though. The TTB was about shot. Now that I had finally figured out what things lay wait in a junk yard for me I started to get creative with things and see what I could do. Which got to the point that the bench seat had to go. I found some unusual seats to go in its place

1984 Porchse 944 buckets and a stock ford truck center console. I loved the race car feel but it didnt sit right in the truck. the slung back low feeling didnt work. Being tall I could see over the wheel and dash just fine but most people couldnt. But I didnt care. I liked how they looked. Finally gave in and put a sub in the truck. Nothing special, just a rockford 12 an a 500 watt amp

It sounded alright and being I dont care about systems suited me just fine. Well now having the itch for a bigger truck I bought a mini pack and blocks off Ebay and threw them under it. Made it look awesome on 33s

I loved that look. Should have just stopped there. It sat equal to a stock F350 and that was good enough for height.

Now the interior issue came back to life as the seats were ripping a little bit. Garrett managed to talk me into a set of bucket seats out of a mountaineer. Boy am I glad I listened to him. Best seats ever

They match the silver on the inside and the outside. Just really complimented everything on the truck. Plus being 6 way power leather helps lol. But with all great mods comes issues. I tore up the e brake arm in my rear brakes. They were shot. I lucked out and found a deal on a set of rear discs for it for right around 200 bucks

after some work they fit right in and stop amazingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Rangers Lead The Way!

All these mods were coming along great until one day came when a friend of mine asked why I had never put my 37s under my truck. I told him I didnt want them under there. To much tire. Well after some poking at it he talked me into it

I was sold. This truck will never have smaller than a 35 under it again. I loved the stance it had with those 37s and how it rode. A whole new truck with that setup. And since I had stole the tires off my other truck I took the bumper as well and painted it up

This is pretty much the look of the truck till recently. I didnt change much to it. Just used it and beat on it

I kept running it like that until inspection time came around and the 37s wouldnt make it. Way to wide so I got some used 35s on black wheels

At this same time my glow shift gauges gave out so I did the autometer swap

And then we bought the F350 (whole nother story)

Didnt do much to the truck as I was working on the 350 alot and didnt have time. But a friend offered me a deal on a nitrous kit and I went for it

nothing special. just a 50 shot to keep it peppy and whatnot. more fun just to purge it and make ricers wonder whats up. Now came the time the F350 needed tires. So I donated my 35s to it and shined my 37s back up for my truck. Also painted the bead lock rings to match the paint

So with that swapped I got ready for a Keystone Coal rollers meet and half way there cooked the trans. I knew it was bad but not this bad

back home I tore the trans out only to send it to a shop that knew nothing about it. Well to quicken the story they took alot of my money and my truck spent over a year down. The guy hacked my wiring all up and pretty much told me my truck was to be burnt for all the problems it had. None of these issues it had before he touched it. But water under the bridge.

In the mean time I learned how to use paint to edit photos and did this........

I kinda liked it.

But now that the truck had come home it was time to get to work on it

First order of business was to yank the crapy built auto out and start on my 5 speed swap. Got it all in minus the trans as it needed gone over by a shop. So while I had time I decided I needed a new center console.

Its still not finished as I cant decide on how to cover it. But either carpet to match the inside or do body work on it and vinyl wrap it to match the dash pad.

Now after sitting for a while my fenders were done and had to be dealt with. Well I happen to like being different. So I pulled these off another truck and well they look right at home on the old girl

3 inch flare with 3 inch cut. They make the 37s look small under there. But I am ok with that. Now at this point the truck is gonna be off the road for a while as I work on stuff. May as well address power. I ended up talking to Jake at Irate and he sent me one of these

as well as this

a t4 mount and an s366 turbo. Should be lots of fun for small hybrids. At this time I am doing the e fuel setup and a t500 hpop but everyone has seen those before.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Rangers Lead The Way!

I also wanted to get rid of my stupid fold away mirrors. But nemo mirrors didnt look right and 4 post towing mirrors were to old school. So we ended up going to the dark side

Well with those out of the way and me waiting on parts for other stuff I decided to do something ive been thinking about for a long time. So off came the bed

with that out of the way I did my math and well did some cutting

all to end at this

I always liked how that RC/SB pictured looked and figured why not. It would be different. So I cut 16 1/4 inches out and welded it back together. Worked out perfectly.

That brings us to this very day. I did some voodoo metal fab and made a rack to hang the bedside on just for craps and giggles.

Let me know what you guys think, I hope someone can get something out of all this and take their idea off the paper and put it on their rig. This doesnt conclude the thread at all. I will keep it posted with whats happening with the old girl as it happens. Thanks for reading
Old 06-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Unpremium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Really digging this. I had a shortbed reg cab F150 on a Rancho lift 20 years back, and just makes me remember how fun it was. Great work!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Interior Guru

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck15 View Post

Now the interior issue came back to life as the seats were ripping a little bit. Garrett managed to talk me into a set of bucket seats out of a mountaineer. Boy am I glad I listened to him. Best seats ever

See I have good ideas!

Truck looks great, I love the flared fenders. It completes the truck.

Joe, are you keeping the original bumper up front?

Last edited by weareweird69; 06-19-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Rangers Lead The Way!

Thanks! I got more in store for this thing
Old 06-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Rangers Lead The Way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareweird69 View Post
See I have good ideas!

Truck looks great, I love the flared fenders. It completes the truck.
haha hells yeah! I just need to lower it a hair. Thinking an inch in front and two in the rear?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:09 PM
spool up that turbo!!

I want your truck so very bad lol
Old 06-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Rangers Lead The Way!

Well she isnt for sale, But I will give anyone the tips to make one the same
Old 06-19-2012, 08:16 PM
spool up that turbo!!

I had a 95 f150 and I loved that truck before I bought my SD I was looking for a zf obs but couldnt find any that were worth a damn around here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.