460 to 7.3 swap - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
460 to 7.3 swap

So the old powerstroke has been sitting for almost a year now and it has started to show signs of stage 2 cancer. I have been driving a company truck so the poor girl hasn't seen any love these days. Lookin on Kijiji.ca i found a 97 Crew Cab short box 4x4 with a 460 and E40D. The truck is an ex work truck with 200000kms, and hard to believe, a straight body. The only rust is on the front fenders. paint is faded, interior is torm, but price is $1000.00cdn.

I am picking it up tomorrow, and will begin my new project! I have done a lot of reading online and know the steps involved, and using my 95 as a donar I have almost everyting I need to. I plan to swap in my D60, 7.3L, and XLT interior. the only question I an unsure of is how I can add power windows and locks to the rear doors. Can anyone advise if I can add to the harness of my extended cab, or is it easier to hit up the wreckers and find an entire cab harness from a PSD that has the XLT package? there is one at the local wrecker, and I plan to buy the rear door panels, regulators and switched, as well as drivers panel and switches.

Bottom line, is it plug and play to add rear doors to mine, or easier to wire up the rears, or easier to use a full harness.

Anyways, I hope to start on this soon, and will add photos when I can.

If anyone know teh answer, please let me know, or if you have advice for my swap, please advise.

Thanks,

Ian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well, you can disregard the purchase of the truck. The owner neglected to tell me a few critical points and I wasted 2 hrs driving there and 2 back. Oh well. On the way home I ended up buying a rust free crew cab at the wrecker(Cab only not entire truck). The body is perfect, interior is XLT in clean condition and is a 97 PSD. The bonus is it has the idle control as well. Paid $500.00 cdn so I am happy. Guess my Extended cab frame will now be a crew cab short box. Happy to have a new project, just need to find a short box.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:47 AM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
well that is both good and bad.

will the crew cab fit the ex cab frame? i think that there is a difference where the cab sits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.