What should I pay? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What should I pay?

I'm looking for a regular or extended cab F-350 with an 8' bed and minute mount plow for sale in CT. When I find one, what should I pay or offer for one in good shape and minimal rust? I don't mind a little bondoing/painting if I have to.

For example, something like this: * Ford F350 Plow Truck Diesel *
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 05:09 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you're in the right ball park. that one looked a little rough for the price. to me that is a $6500ish truck with proof of a new engine and no rust (that's a big one for me) then you throw in a plow and add another couple hundred for it.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:05 PM

What about something like this? 1995 ford f350 powerstroke Again, don't mind a different color bed or something in need of Bondo but hey, beggars can't be choosers in this state. Are the fuel lines a major issue? This truck's an hour away, but it's cheap.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:54 PM
the baconator

depends on what he means the fuel lines are bad. the lines run from the tank to the selector valve up to the engine through the pump, then the filter, then back through the filter, then to the heads, the out the return lines to the regulator back down to the selector valve and back to the tank. they are mostly hard lines
Old 04-16-2012, 05:51 PM

If I had to replace all the fuel lines, is that an easy thing to do? I might look at that truck depending on how fast I sell the IDI and how much it is to tow that back here
Old 04-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

wow that stuff is high up there. you can get rust free trucks here for under 5k
i bought my 95 cclwb dually with a fresh motor , and new tranny for 3200.

here is a post from the local for sale site.

97 F250 power stroke diesel - 4wd great work truck everything work 7.3 engine long bed automatic $4,500 Price: $4500. Call: 352-438-9237 or View Details
Old 04-17-2012, 04:21 AM
the baconator

Quote:
Originally Posted by acprimus631C View Post
If I had to replace all the fuel lines, is that an easy thing to do? I might look at that truck depending on how fast I sell the IDI and how much it is to tow that back here
depend on ho in depth you want to get. to do it all you would need to drop both tanks and replace from there. if you wanted to replace all the hard line with more hard line it would be more time consuming and expensive. but i doubt it's the hard line that is leaking, then again in the salty north east maybe it is. you could run rubber line from the tanks all the way that should be too bad
Old 04-17-2012, 05:34 AM

iv looked at a bunch of ct trucks over the last few years for friends and parts and stuff and its a bit#$ to find anythimg clean in ct. try not to spend any more than 5500. bc any ct truck u go look at will need work from all the salt and calcium on the roads. Other than rusted body parts ull wanna make sure the oil pain is good, the oil cooler is ok, rear spring pirches, diff covers headers and body mounts. Iv even seen a head crack anfrot out on a friends truck that he bought bc there was a salty sandy mix sitting on the header.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgin stroker View Post
wow that stuff is high up there. you can get rust free trucks here for under 5k
i bought my 95 cclwb dually with a fresh motor , and new tranny for 3200.

here is a post from the local for sale site.

97 F250 power stroke diesel - 4wd great work truck everything work 7.3 engine long bed automatic $4,500 Price: $4500. Call: 352-438-9237 or View Details
You'd think buying a rustbucket would be cheaper up here Honestly, I've considered flying to Florida to drive a truck back and put a plow on it up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryknight View Post
depend on ho in depth you want to get. to do it all you would need to drop both tanks and replace from there. if you wanted to replace all the hard line with more hard line it would be more time consuming and expensive. but i doubt it's the hard line that is leaking, then again in the salty north east maybe it is. you could run rubber line from the tanks all the way that should be too bad
I might if rubber lines would be cheaper and easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANPOWERSMOKER View Post
iv looked at a bunch of ct trucks over the last few years for friends and parts and stuff and its a bit#$ to find anythimg clean in ct. try not to spend any more than 5500. bc any ct truck u go look at will need work from all the salt and calcium on the roads. Other than rusted body parts ull wanna make sure the oil pain is good, the oil cooler is ok, rear spring pirches, diff covers headers and body mounts. Iv even seen a head crack anfrot out on a friends truck that he bought bc there was a salty sandy mix sitting on the header.
I know we have rust, and I'm willing to accept that. I have all summer to brush and paint the underbody, or replace whatnot before plow season starts I like having you all to consult with on what may or may not be a good purchase. I'm only 18 and starting out on my own in the automotive world!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:40 PM
the baconator

my 94 came from NC and i have worked HARD to keep it rust free the 97 came locally and has rust and that's fine, i don't care about it, it's just a beater. what i'm trying to say is don't be scared to travel you could very easily get a better deal

Last edited by terryknight; 04-17-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.