new owner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 04:09 AM
powerstroke newb

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new owner

Hey guys, I firgured that I would ask a couple questions and let some of u know what i have so far. I just got a 97 f250 with the 7.3 and i love the thing even though i was never really a ford fan. I got it from a close friend's family. it was their family truck so everyone wanted to drive it but noone wanted to pay for the maintenance when it was needed. It only has 116k on it with a 5 speed.

Well, off the start it was obvious that it needed the upper ball joints, and 2 lug nuts, and of course tires. but that hasnt been something i can even mess with yet because the day i brought it home, it started blowing brake lines. I fixed the first two without a problem. what is giving me hell is the clutch line between the master and slave cyl for the trans.

I first only replaced the line but i could not get the thing to bleed out to give me any clutch movement. so after my friend stripped the bleed screw threats off the slave i got a new one. I put it on and have movement in the fork now, but i still cant seem to get enough movement of the clutch to really drive it, its only at the point i can get it around the driveway. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have already gotten so much from looking over this site but this is my first post. Thanks in advance guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 04:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Old 03-26-2012, 05:57 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to baderic03

as far as bleeding a new slave its a mother you bench bleed it first?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:27 AM

Welcome to the org. I just ordered the complete master line and slave cylinder already blead from rock auto this way there's no bleeding necessary
Old 03-26-2012, 08:27 AM

^^^^^ +1 on the complete assembly. At any time either the master or slave fails, the other is probably not far behind. And R&I is child's play by comparison.

But it may not be the whole issue here. Check the connection between the pivot arm off the pedal cross-shaft and the pushrod up under the dash in the cab. That bushing is known to wear and fail. Couple of upgrade options if that's the culprit.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:51 AM
powerstroke newb

well so far my slave hasnt really failed, my friend was trying to show me i wasnt tightening the bleeder enough (he wanted me to crank the hell outta it each time). when he showed me how tight he THOUGHT it should be, he stripped out the bleed screw. so i really dont see the master being bad. i only replaced the slave cuz he did that to a plastic part....

and i would have gotten the full assembled kit but at first i was just replacing the fluid line, then in the process of trying to bleed it, he broke the slave.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Full A-Team Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Maybe need a new friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.