Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

SES Light

607 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bmiller2000 
#1 ·
I was out working the yestersday and when I was part idleing I noticed a slight miss-like going on. Turn off and worked for a while when I went to leave was fine but when I hit the big road it was missing a little and gave her some coal and blew it out. Well it done a big miss then smoothed out and the ses light came on. Filled her up that morning and diesel cleaned it. Anyway to get the code without buying a scanner or going to the stealership? Still runs fine now maybe bad fuel or something in the tank maybe? Any ideas?

#2 ·
Some of the auto stores carry scanners for rent.

Alot of times, I have talked the guy at the counter to let me borrow it since my truck was in the parking lot.

But, be warned that they don't always get all the codes. A good snap on scanned will do it, but I had to buy one to get use of it, Lots of $ involved there.
If you happen to be coming to the Phoenix area, you could use it.

#3 ·
thanks but I think I found the problem ICP connection loose from trying the 10k mod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.