my $800 powerstroke purchase - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my $800 powerstroke purchase

well guys here it is, i picked this truck up a couple days ago for 800 bucks. as far as everything goes, i feel like i made a good purchase although it does need a new PCM. its always been an arizona truck so there is no rust and body damage is very minimal. ive gotten it to crank over by jumping the starter solenoid on the fender but need to hunt down a new PCM to see if the thing runs. for those who dont know, its a 1994 PSD 4x4 5 speed with 160k on it. clean arizona title. keep a look out for this truck because it may be getting parted out soon.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

more pictures to come.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Good find!!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
is it a 250 or 350? and your parting it out now? possibly, if its a 350 i got dibs on the d60
Old 03-07-2012, 01:19 PM

Comon man...Super cab long box=F250. Just giving you a hard time. Where are you from 95power?
Old 03-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

to tell you the truth ive had numerous people ask me if they could buy the d60 out from under it. but yes this is a 250 with the ttb

and im from arizona myself, spent all 17 years of my life dealing with this heat and snowbirds.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:33 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
nice score. if you part it before i get my injectors done i could use a set of cores, same with the turbo and the positive battery cable it is in decent shape
Old 03-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
how much you want for the whole thing lol
Old 03-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

well im getting a pcm for it tomorrow from a friends truck to see if i can get it running. if i can get it running its likely that i will keep it, if not ill sell it for around 1000-1500? would that seem fair? i would still be making a couple bucks and theres still alot of room for profit i would think.

i checked the turbo out today, theres no shaft play and the blades seem to be in good shape, no sign of it being dusted. i also drained the oil which come to find out was a good choice because it was about the same consistancy of bubble gum. but still, no signs of debris or metal in it, probably like this from sitting for over a year. still need to take the oil filter off and check in there and then go buy new supplies. i pulled the fuel filter out and it looked brand new, but upon second glance i noticed the fuel in the bowl was red. so i called up the previous owner to ask him about it and he said that the truck hasnt been registered on the road for over 10 years, worked as a farm truck so he ran red dye in it. which would also make me understand the low miles, because the truck didnt have to travel far to bring the horses feed and back. and would also explain the cow manure stained carpet.

anyways just needs a good cleaning up and put back together. not to bad of a task and just keeping my fingers crossed hoping that the engine fires.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to FiberglassEater
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95power View Post
well guys here it is, i picked this truck up a couple days ago for 800 bucks. as far as everything goes, i feel like i made a good purchase although it does need a new PCM. its always been an arizona truck so there is no rust and body damage is very minimal. ive gotten it to crank over by jumping the starter solenoid on the fender but need to hunt down a new PCM to see if the thing runs. for those who dont know, its a 1994 PSD 4x4 5 speed with 160k on it. clean arizona title. keep a look out for this truck because it may be getting parted out soon.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

if you part it out i'll yake the tailgate, im not sure how much shipping would be on that thing tho
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.