People these days.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The great state of Warshington
Posts: 866
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
People these days....

Got a call from the guy I've been renting shop space from to store my truck goodies while I'm in town going to school. He's an old family friend who's given me free reign over his 3000 sq ft garage for next to nothing. Turns out his place got broken into sometime over the weekend (they were gone Friday through this morning). People kicked in the back door and got away with six guns, flat screen TV, and the majority of his liquor cabinet. He said I should come out, as they also managed to get into the shop but he isn't sure what all is missing.
They drove off with the trailer that I had my project Ram-Crawler (1982 RamCharger) sitting on, the 1997 12v Cummins I was in the process of rebuilding to power it, and the freshly rebuilt D60 I had been planning on swapping into my Powerstroke.
Doing my best to stay calm at the moment, but at the same time hoping I see any of this pop up on C-list so I can give the guy a few love-taps with my tire iron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern Arizona
Posts: 1,752
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I feel for you, unfortunately it seems like the world is going to hell in a hand basket. Would be nice to take people like this and some others out and use them for target practice. Good luck finding your stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orangevale, CA
Posts: 10,844
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 41 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry to hear BWB. Stinks that people can't leave other people's stuff alone. Hopefully, the police will catch them with it and you'll get, at least, some of it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 03-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,355
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What part of WA? I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 03-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Premium Member



 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 16,126
Thanks: 48
Thanked 72 Times in 64 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews


If you say where I will look around too


Also, If you haven't been to the WA/OR Chapter you can go there and post your problem cuz there are ALOT of guys that are close and look after one another.
Hopefully we will be able to help you find the dirtbag(s) that did this crap.


Here is a link:

CCR Chat Thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 03-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Serving Our Country!


 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 4,320
Thanks: 66
Thanked 35 Times in 24 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dieselmatt
Sorry to hear!

Post up pics if you've got them and I'll keep an eye out down here in Vancouver/Portland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,999
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsboy View Post
Got a call from the guy I've been renting shop space from to store my truck goodies while I'm in town going to school. He's an old family friend who's given me free reign over his 3000 sq ft garage for next to nothing. Turns out his place got broken into sometime over the weekend (they were gone Friday through this morning). People kicked in the back door and got away with six guns, flat screen TV, and the majority of his liquor cabinet. He said I should come out, as they also managed to get into the shop but he isn't sure what all is missing.
They drove off with the trailer that I had my project Ram-Crawler (1982 RamCharger) sitting on, the 1997 12v Cummins I was in the process of rebuilding to power it, and the freshly rebuilt D60 I had been planning on swapping into my Powerstroke.
Doing my best to stay calm at the moment, but at the same time hoping I see any of this pop up on C-list so I can give the guy a few love-taps with my tire iron.
Care to post details I'll keep a lookout. If you figure out the culprits shoot me an im with your address i'll come up there if you need some backup. I can bring a couple boys if you want too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,355
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post


If you say where I will look around too


Also, If you haven't been to the WA/OR Chapter you can go there and post your problem cuz there are ALOT of guys that are close and look after one another.
Hopefully we will be able to help you find the dirtbag(s) that did this crap.


Here is a link:

CCR Chat Thread
Well I'll be dipped... a local guy! Greetings from Newport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Premium Member



 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 16,126
Thanks: 48
Thanked 72 Times in 64 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty4x4 View Post
Well I'll be dipped... a local guy! Greetings from Newport.


Greetings buddy! There are more of us than you think...
We just had a Get together at the Y on Saturday...



If you want to join the locals,click the link to the Local Chapter and start posting... the guys will let you know what you need when you join
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: miami fl
Posts: 507
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FiberglassEater
i hope you get some of your stuff back, just check craigslist and ebay hopfully they just tray to sell that stuff ........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors