under water 7.3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
under water 7.3

Hi Iam new to the forum and looking for some help. My boss is selling a 1996 F350 7.3 powerstroke, it has 130,000 miles five speed four wheel drive. Now the big problem is it was in a flood up to the steering wheel. To my knowalge it wasnt tried to be started and was just towed home from were it was in the flood. ( which was the dealership lol) Ive been around cars for a good amount of time to know what problems there will be and can be like, wiring harnes, fuel tanks, all the filters, all the fiulds, computer, fuel and brake lines maybe. My question is, is it worth $500, and what else could be a problem? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

its worth 500 just for parts. injector cores are worth 400 alone, any concerns with the axles being flooded are non-existent and the front dana 60 is worth some$$, the ZF5 with a couple fluid flushes would be good to go as well. thats if you wanted to buy it and part it out.

even still myself i'd take a chance an buy it, flush all fluids coolant etc. switch out interior, change out the engine wiring harness, and the valve cover gasket/wiring. flush out fuel tanks etc. also if fixing, before anything i would replace the PCM(computer) and the IDM(injector drive module) before anything or even trying to start. the IDM's are known to go and cause different problems from just getting little bit of moisture in them. and maybe check/clean/replace all the little sensors and stuff in the motor l yes it will be a bit of a job and time/money consuming.

Last edited by catlinB; 03-02-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to White7.3stroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccdelta View Post
Hi Iam new to the forum and looking for some help. My boss is selling a 1996 F350 7.3 powerstroke, it has 130,000 miles five speed four wheel drive. Now the big problem is it was in a flood up to the steering wheel. To my knowalge it wasnt tried to be started and was just towed home from were it was in the flood. ( which was the dealership lol) Ive been around cars for a good amount of time to know what problems there will be and can be like, wiring harnes, fuel tanks, all the filters, all the fiulds, computer, fuel and brake lines maybe. My question is, is it worth $500, and what else could be a problem? Thank you
If all he wants is $500 for it I'd say its worth that if its in pretty good shape body wise! You could always get your money out of parts water wouldn't hurt if it was to bad to try and fix..And if you don't mind spending the money to get it going again

Sent from my DROID X2
Old 03-02-2012, 05:27 PM

If you don't buy it for $500, give me his number and I will.
The engine alone is worth over $1000 as a core.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Maverick1701
fo sho! $500 easy...if you decide you dont want to deal with it you can always part it out then scrap the rest and make some money back.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:51 AM

for 500 i would definatly buy it. if all you do is part it out the d60 front axle will pay for the truck and all the other parts are all profit for you.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsboy View Post
If you don't buy it for $500, give me his number and I will.
The engine alone is worth over $1000 as a core.
Exactly. I tried to get one out of a junkyard here locally and when I went down to get it, three douche bags were standing on top of it, using a pry bar to try and break the pedestal off the motor because they were too inept and ill prepared to remove it properly. I just wanted the motor to rebuild as a little side project in the garage (I get bored and fill the void with stuff like that).

I asked the apparent leader of this retard tribe what they wanted to get from it on ebay. He stutters, "uhh, we're not going to put it on ebay, we're going to put it in my Nissan!" I say, "Really? You do realize that turbo is driven by a 444 cubic inch engine, and is capable of boosting that engine to 30 PSI. Do you really think your engine can handle that?"

"Yeah, I got a skyline motor in it."

Since they had already succeeded in busting a few bolts off flush with the engine, I just grabbed the four remaining injectors and went on my way.

Seriously, if you don't buy that truck, I (and it looks like any number of people on the forum) will buy it.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekfinn View Post
Exactly. I tried to get one out of a junkyard here locally and when I went down to get it, three douche bags were standing on top of it, using a pry bar to try and break the pedestal off the motor because they were too inept and ill prepared to remove it properly. I just wanted the motor to rebuild as a little side project in the garage (I get bored and fill the void with stuff like that).

I asked the apparent leader of this retard tribe what they wanted to get from it on ebay. He stutters, "uhh, we're not going to put it on ebay, we're going to put it in my Nissan!" I say, "Really? You do realize that turbo is driven by a 444 cubic inch engine, and is capable of boosting that engine to 30 PSI. Do you really think your engine can handle that?"

"Yeah, I got a skyline motor in it."

Since they had already succeeded in busting a few bolts off flush with the engine, I just grabbed the four remaining injectors and went on my way.

Seriously, if you don't buy that truck, I (and it looks like any number of people on the forum) will buy it.
wow, go little douche bags go
Old 03-03-2012, 09:47 AM

Buy it for all the reasons listed and you don't see many F-350's with the 5spd.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:34 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yes dear god buy it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.