Alright guys so I just put my Stancor on. I ordered it from Complete Performance as they are sponsors on various PSD sites. Complete Performance
They run $65shipped and I got it here within I'd guess 3 or so days of payment.
I was getting a glowplug code, of no power to the left bank. P1396 to be exact. The code could be burnt into the PCM and with my stock relay it could have been supplying power, but I doubt it. I have all new glow plugs. I was getting lots of white smoke, and a rompy idle on the cold days and not starting on somd days until I went through a glow plug cycle or two (up to 2 minutes each). My guess was that the left bank wasn't getting warmed on the relay, thus displaying my code and causing my white smoke and rompy idle. I had no smoke whatsoever with my block heater in and I didn't even give the glow plugs time to start. So that is why I went to the Stancor, now on to the mod.
This is what you start out with, a stock relay. You'll notice on the lower side of my pictures you will find a metal piece, similar to a buss bar in a fuse panel. This is known as the "shunt" and is found on Cali models, which allows for diagnosing of glow plug related issues through the OBD port. Pretty handy I'd say.
The issue you run into is one fitting the shunt on the stancor, and two mounting the stancor as it is quite a bit larger.
Step one of any electrical work, remove power so disconnect both batteries.
When I did my method, I layed the stancor just like it should go and then disconnected the single large pole with one wire. I then loosely connected that to my Stancor. I then did the same with the two smaller terminals, again one at a time. I then moved onto the final terminal on the stock relay, that has the shunt attached to it and then one single wire above that, all on the same location. There was only one spot on the stancor where all this could go so I avoided any wiring dilemmas. I removed the left most hold down bolt (relay mounting bolt that goes right next to the lower edge of the shunt). I also un did the top terminal nut and slid the shunt off.
I finally disconnected the single stock relay mounting bolt. I simply pulled out the old relay and then mounted the Stancor. If you note, it sits at an angle that is ok and necessary to get the shunt on. I had to bend the shunt a bit so that it didn't hit the terminals of the smaller wires. I installed the shunt, checked for any contact anywhere, and your done.
If you are good with wiring doing it one at a time isn't probably necessary I prefer to do things that way so I don't get confused and there is plenty of wire to do it.
Hope this helps someone. Any questions or need additional info don't hesitate to ask. I believe the necessary sockets area 9, 10(ratcheting wrench helps here for the stock relay hold down), maybe an 11, as well as a 13. Deep are necessary in some locations due to stud length, but can make do mostly with shallows.
This is what the final pictures should look like: