I get her more Norris like - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I get her more Norris like

Instead of tagging on my old Chuck Norris truck conversion. I have decided to start a new thread for my Not so Norris like truck. I had big plans to convert my old truck to diesel but it turned out to be more than I could handle with the rest of life going on. So I bought this beauty rescued her from becoming a yard ornament for any longer. A friend of mine owned her since 2000 and since hes had her I have been on him about selling it to me. He's a Ford mechanic but has turned to the darkside....GASOLINE. He's neglected her for about 2 years she's just been sitting. Finally he broke down and sold her to me 1996 Regular Cab F250 4x4 208k miles xlt package 4:11's. Everything works.

To Do
1. Check her out
2. Bath her cause I am quite sure she's never seen a bath
3. 6637 intakeDONE
4. Brakes
5. Dana 60 swap
6. Exhaust

Thats enough for now I am sure that number one will turn up something that has to go before all the others. Plus this looks like $1,250.00 off the bat.

Distant to Do
1. lift
2. Tires/Wheels
3. Programmer
4. Intercooler
5. Performance transmission
6. Pillar Gauges
7. Paint

Ultimate goal beat my buddies 9.99 eighth in his Duramax and have a great hauler and daily.
Attached Thumbnails
I get her more Norris like-ray1.jpg   I get her more Norris like-ray2.jpg   I get her more Norris like-ray3.jpg  

Last edited by Strokewitpower; 02-22-2012 at 04:47 AM. Reason: finished an Item on the list
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 11:29 AM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
nice rig there
Old 02-21-2012, 01:36 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
like diesel man said in your other thread we can help you spend money.

i miss read it the first time and thought you said 9.99 in the 1/4 and was thinking fat chance his could do that and no way you could get your to beat it
Old 02-22-2012, 04:40 AM

Well couldn't wait to order the RiffRaff kit for the DIY 6637 intake so went to Napa yesterday got it for 52.78 thats 4 inches of 4" od pipe two clasps and the 6637 filter. They didn't have the 45* elbow and its $38 to order so I went with a straight peice of 4" exhaust pipe. I had a little issue getting it to sit just right I had to pull the oem flexible intake pipe a little then turn the filter to get it to sit in place. I think I am going to put some kind of dust shrowd over the filter seams like a shame not to, should extend the life of it but I don't want to restrict the flow too much. I felt a noticable difference. At least I think I did and could hear the turbo more. How are these filters when they get wet? Shouldn't get to wet but some when its raining with wet roads. ON to the next one
Attached Thumbnails
I get her more Norris like-6637.jpg   I get her more Norris like-6637a.jpg   I get her more Norris like-6637b.jpg  
Old 02-22-2012, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryknight View Post
like diesel man said in your other thread we can help you spend money.

i miss read it the first time and thought you said 9.99 in the 1/4 and was thinking fat chance his could do that and no way you could get your to beat it
Yeah the 1/8 mile is what I am aiming for. I think the 4:11 gears are going to hamper my progress for the 9.99 time. What do you think? Exhaust to come next. What are some DIY mods' I can do tonight while I source my 3" downpipe and exhaust? I have a superchip I am going to put on just to see what it does. I plan on getting either a DP or TS Tuner.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:08 AM
the baconator

you can look through the mods section for some DIY mods FPR shim (aka BB mod), 140v IDM if you are good witha soldering gun. exhaust is a must or at least the downpipe. cutsom tunes, gauges, then the fun begins HPOP, injectors, turbo, intercooler, new trans or clutch if it's a stick.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:26 AM

The only mod section I found on the forum is for the SD. I didn't see one for the obs. I know its the same engine is there a mod section specifically for our obs?
Old 02-22-2012, 06:04 AM
the baconator

7.3 Mod Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

this has all the 7.3 stuff both super duty and OBS
Old 02-22-2012, 11:46 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You should move #6 on the distant list up a few notches especially if you are going to try that superchip tuner. You can get a filter cover like this Riffraff Diesel: RDP 6637 Replacement Covers . See I told you we could help spend your money.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dieselman View Post
You should move #6 on the distant list up a few notches especially if you are going to try that superchip tuner. You can get a filter cover like this Riffraff Diesel: RDP 6637 Replacement Covers . See I told you we could help spend your money.
Where's the best place to get the pillar gauges?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.