Truck pulls to right, w and w/o foot on brakes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck pulls to right, w and w/o foot on brakes

Ok guys...need some insight on this...

The Problem:
Truck is pulling to the right...to the point where I cant take my hand off the steering wheel to change the radio otherwise I go in to the other lane. This occurs at all times and seems to be worse when on the brakes. I do understand it is TTB but this just doesnt seem right!

What I have done:
New Wheels and tires. --When I noticed the initial issue..never did this before on the old wheels and tires.

Realignment- with "camber adjustment kit" --done by Big O Im mad as I felt like I was just put through the ringer for an "adjustment" kit that doesnt help!

Could it be a pad sticking? Just weird things occurred all at the same time coincidentally...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 03:11 PM

i would check your front brakes and see if they are draging. since you just had an alignment done to me that could be the culprit or they didnt know what they are doing and just took your money
Old 02-20-2012, 04:17 PM

I think you may be right. Thinking the caliper may be going bad...going to try replacing that over the weekend and go from there. Should be pretty easy to do just tedious.

The plus side is Big O warranty's their alignment for 6 months so Ill take it back there again and have them realign free of charge after the caliper swap
Old 02-20-2012, 05:18 PM

Have your alignment checked. Mine was doing the exact same thing. I just got it back from the shop a hour ago and its perfect.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mine was doing the same thing. It turned out to be the axle was croocked. The locating pins were worn ans well as the u-bolts. Just something to check
Old 02-21-2012, 01:43 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
dana 60 swap

i know that was no real help to you
Old 02-21-2012, 01:55 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
mine did that. the calipers were sticking and not releasing on the pasenger side. 67 dollars from lordco per side and bleed the brakes. away you go.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:17 PM

Update: Took my truck to the Ford Dealership because it was driving me crazy and they showed me what the problem is...my drag links (pitman arms) etc. are shot! the grease boots dont hold anything and they practically twist a (1/2) turn...grease was all over the place...

so, he was saying a lot of times these cheap shops, when pressed for time follow the motto "set the toe and let it go" meaning they set the toe to make her drive straight and then first big bump you hit they wobble back out of alignment. Most shops are supposed to check for any loose parts and then not proceed with the alignment if thats the case.

So, the cost to fix everything from the steering box to the pitman arms will be close to 900 with labor and re-alignment.....so much for gauges D'OH!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:30 PM

if it was me id take the reciept from the dealer to the place that originaly did it and demand a refund since they seem to be lazy and incompetent
Old 02-28-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erics diesel View Post
if it was me id take the reciept from the dealer to the place that originaly did it and demand a refund since they seem to be lazy and incompetent
Exactly what I was thinking...realignments arent cheap...much less on an axle that needs them more than any other...still happy with my purchase lol

They honestly look like the original pitman arms, so Im pretty surprised they've gone this far!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.