BG Biocide Treatment - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 06:18 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BG Biocide Treatment

Hey All,
I have algaie in my tank, I have cleaned the FPR screen twice, and I think it's already plugged up again. I was at Ford the other day getting my oil changed on my company truck, and I mentioned my problem, and they said they could do this treatment from BG, some sort of Biocide, and I would not need to drop my tanks. The treatment is only $60, but I am very scepticle about, not having to pull the tanks, and what the dead algae will do to my fuel system. Has anyone used this before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If it doesn't come back out the filler neck it has to run through the fuel lines. You might just have a lot of dirst and sediment in the tank. Have you run bio in your truck before? Did you check your filter to see if it's dirty already?
Old 02-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Premium Member

the stuff that was in the screen and the filter was a grey slimy stuff. The second time I cleaned it the filter was clean except for some slime in spots. I bought this thing in April, and I was told by the dealer they had changed the filter, I doubt they did, as far as bio, Ive never ran it. The Ford dealer says they can do this treatment and it clears up the algae, and you don't have to pull the tank. I am scepticle about that stuff going through my engine, I'll probably pull the tanks to be safe. I just have a hard time trusting what the Ford dealership says.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:45 PM

what do you plan to do with any algiae/slim thats already in your lines and everything else? droping and cleaning the tanks only seems to prevent more from forming or getting in there not fixing the entire problem. just my thought
Old 02-05-2012, 03:41 PM

How plugged up did the fpr screen get?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Premium Member

The first time it was really bad, I couldn't believe it ran like it did. The filter was really bad, I felt pretty stupid for not checking sooner. The second time I cleaned it, about a month later it wasn't as bad but still plugged up, and it feels like it is already plugging up 2 weeks later. I've had my 95 since new, and never had this problem, but I have also maintained it pretty well, but I would think if you get it out of the tanks, you would eventually get it out of the lines.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:04 AM

Are you sure this is algae and not just dirt? Algae doesn't usually grow unless you run a lot of bio and let it sit a lot

Old 02-06-2012, 11:23 AM

if it was me even if i droped the tanks and cleaned them i would still run some bioside treatment through it to clean out the selector switch and line and everything this way i didn't have to worry about it plugging up when im on the road in the middle of no where
Old 02-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Premium Member

I'm just concluding it's algae because of what I have read on the org. It does not look just like dirt, but maybee. I've just hear of diesel sitting and forming algae, I haven't experienced this myself until now. I bought this truck up in Washington, they said a lady owned it for pulling her horse trailer. I think it sat a lot, just because of the shape it was in, pretty well taken care of. I will run some biocide through it after dropping the tanks just to make sure it's good. The Ford dealeship says you just have to run their treatment through it and not drop the tanks, I kind of leary of that, I was hoping someone had experience with the stuff.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:26 PM

I've never tried running the stuff but ive never had any of those problems. I would recommend dropping the tanks if you feel they're real dirty.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.