Is it worth it? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is it worth it?

Well I've found a pretty good looking 95 F350 C.C. SRW long bed 4x4. I've been hunting a truck like this for a long time and either couldn't afford what they were asking or truck had been run into the ground. I'm gonna post the link to the truck and yall let me know your thoughts on it as far as price, miles, condition and all that. Any help in deciding if this looks like a good deal would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

1995 Ford F350 - Ken Feagin Truck & Trailer Landrum, SC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Miles are a little high, but CCLBs up here in any kind of decent shape go for $9000-10000. And I don't think you see CCLB 4x4 5-speeds often. Nice combo. Can't help but wonder about the black lower body and wheel well arches, though; covering up some old cancer? Those bumpers are probably worth a grand. The missing rear caps and tailgate panel, and the cracked dash, might mean it didn't get the best care. Pretty sweet deal overall, provided it wasn't rode hard and put up wet.

Does it smell like it was smoked in? That's another hard-to-find (one that hasn't been, that is) thing with these trucks, it seems.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I haven't went to look at it yet I just saw it on autotrader saturday. I was gonna ride over there and look at it this week. All the CCLB I have found within 120 miles of me in decent good shape have been 10 to 15k. I'm talking 97 models lol... I love the old body style but not that much. I was gonna check out the paint along the bottom and see if it was hiding anything. I thought the miles were a lil on the high side as well but if maintained I'm not to worried about it. Any tell tale signs to look for of abuse or negligence? Thanks
Old 01-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
looks exactly like tbonemcneils truck, just needs a little lift and tires and grey interior lol, but exterior is exact same, miles arent to bad, but price does not seem to reflect the mileage, i got mine with more miles and less than half the price, (15k miles more) if you have the money and you think its looks good enough just get it, but its a bit high for me, make sure you get a car fax and what not, and also check the rear fender wells and underside for signs of rust, make sure it isnt leaking, and the steering isnt all caddywhompus lol, but looks like a nice truck overall
Old 01-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Full A-Team Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looks a little beat up to be honest, if its just dents I guess it isnt bad, but there are lots of them, all over it. Also look at it close, people dont usually rhino line their trucks cuz it looks cool
Old 01-15-2012, 09:24 PM

drivers seat worn out, tailgate missing chrome plate and dented, and cracked dash, i say its worth about 6,500-6,900
Old 01-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Full A-Team Member

Yes, if it isnt rusty.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:33 PM

that drops it another 2 grand lmao
Old 01-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for all the input y'all. I didn't see alot of the dents but I am looking at it on my phone. I'll be able to find out more when I can put my hands on it and I can handle dents I just it's not ate up with rust.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Full A-Team Member

Just take a good long look at it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.