Turbo Question ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Turbo Question ?

Does anyone know if the E-SERIES turbo pedastal mounts different than the F-SERIES?

IT IS REALLY IMPORTANT BECAUSE IF IT DOES THE MOTORS NOT GONNA FIT IN MY BRONCO and my mechanic is moving in 3 weeks and I can't afford to lose more time looking for parts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm about 95% sure that the pedestal is the same on the F-series and E-series. I will do some digging just to be sure, but I think you should be ok.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:34 PM

Everything I've found indicates that there is no difference in the pedestals. Maybe someone else will back me up on this, but I think you should be fine.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
If i remember right the vans didnt have the EBPV but that will not affect mounting
Old 09-10-2007, 03:35 PM
lukecline

Well, you guys are kinda right.... Its the same as the superduties, just different turbo. The van turbo is a common upgrade for superduty guys, its a non wastegated turbo with a 1.15 exh housing which helps lower egt's plus it wont surge like the stock superduty turbo will. An OBS turbo will not fit on a van turbo pedistal. They (superduty/ E series) use a v band clamp to mount the turbo onto the up pipe collector where as the obs uses a 4 bolt flange. Also the OBS turbos bolt to the pedistal from the bottom and the superduties bolt from the top, that is why they are so much easier to remove from the engine...

Last edited by lukecline; 09-10-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:37 PM

I assume he is using the turbo that came with the engine, so he should be fine. You will deffiinetly have problems if you are trying to mix and match parts from obs and superduty's.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:05 PM
lukecline

the OP is having a problem of the manifold hitting the firewall. That is why he's seeking out old body style turbo parts.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

No I'm not trying to mix OBS parts with the superduty ones like lukecline said I am having problems with the E-Series manifolds & pipes hitting the firewall which is why I am looking for F-Series manifolds, up pipes, and a y pipe. The E-Series manifold setup is completely different than the F-Series, of course I am just learning this now!!

The reason I asked about the turbo is because I know the turbo is real close to fitting in there and I don't have much time to waste since my intall guy is moving his shop in 3 weeks and he told me my truck needs to be done before then. There is a picture of a Powerstroke in a Bronco (scroll down a bit) but I am almost certain in is an F-Series motor. Maybe you guys can make out the year but I certainly can't. I am the only AZZ that would buy an E-Series motor for a project like this!! I just couldn't pass up the deal it was $1200 for the motor complete minus the ECU.

Looking for Help / Advice with my 96 Motor
Old 09-10-2007, 07:20 PM

That looks like an F-series engine to me. I think if you buy the F-series manifolds and up pipes they will bolt up alright. The bronco engine bay is the same as an F-250 or 350 roughly, so you shouldn't have problems after that.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I sure hope it fits cuz if it doesn't I am going to have a Bronco that is in pieces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.