Looking for 315HP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking for 315HP

Hey guys. The time comes where I upgrade this old warhorse. The DMF finally gave up, so I have a new clutch ready to hold 315Hp/610lbft. I will have a SuperDuty on hand to give up its intercooler and fuel system, HPOP if it's in good shape, maybe IDM and other odds and ends. Anything else I should take off the SD? Looking at Rosewood stage 1 injectors. Anything I need to go with them? I will do inj cups while it's apart. I see Rosewood recommends PHP for a chip which I will more then likely go with. 250K stock bottom end. Anything I'm missing here?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Rangers Lead The Way!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
No seems like you got it about set. Id check the turbo and make sure its in decent shape just to be sure. I wouldnt bother with the SD fuel system other than the pump. Then do a fuel bowl delete. But other than that you will probably be right around the rating for that clutch
Old 01-10-2012, 05:51 PM

Yeah I planed to be around the max of the clutch. The SD has an aux idle controller I plan to rob, so I won't need to waste a chip setting on high idle. Should leave room for a low HP heavy tow setting.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Rangers Lead The Way!

Yea that makes sense. I wouldnt be worried about it with a 6 position chip but if its cheap then yeah do it. I wouldnt waste a spot on a smoke or lope tune
Old 01-10-2012, 05:55 PM

There shouldn't be such thing as a smoke tune!!! I guess if someone wants to pay for it, it's their business.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Rangers Lead The Way!

Yeah, all they are are the high HP setting fueling at lower rpm. nothing special.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:17 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
IMO I'd sell that AIC and put the money towards the truck. On my chip i only use 3 positions regularly. Those are high idle, tow, and race. Even then 99.9% of the time its in race, and never leaves it. Hell i even towed in race, and just used the tow tune on hills cause there was to much fuel and my turbo wouldn't stay lit.

And honestly you can hit 315 with the stock SD injectors if they are in decent shape. With just the injectors and Gearhead tunes in my truck, it ran strong. Can't comment on mileage though cause i was doing good if i hit 14.6. But that had a bit to do with the way i drove it, which is what destroyed the transmission.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:23 AM

I would sell it off, but how much could I realistically get..maybe $100? The truck now has some generic tune loaded into it and sometimes in the summer it's just a little too smokey, hence why I'd like a couple lower HP tunes. I like the idea of the idle controller, it's gets cold here, and I'd like to use it after towing to let it cool off a little with good oil pressure. Maybe I could just get a 4 pos chip and save a couple of bucks.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:49 AM

Got the engine pulled (have to replace oil pan/other misc oil leaks) Truck already has Rosewood stage 1's. That saves a couple bucks.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:11 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolsmojave3 View Post
I would sell it off, but how much could I realistically get..maybe $100? The truck now has some generic tune loaded into it and sometimes in the summer it's just a little too smokey, hence why I'd like a couple lower HP tunes. I like the idea of the idle controller, it's gets cold here, and I'd like to use it after towing to let it cool off a little with good oil pressure. Maybe I could just get a 4 pos chip and save a couple of bucks.
Yeah, $100-150.

Like i said i'd sell it and get a chip. I run Gearhead tunes, which run very clean. Like i said i can tow in a race tune and have no smoke unless i romp on it or lug it. In normal driving it never smokes until i go past 1/2 throttle. I could drive all day in traffic, highway, anywhere with a haze at the most. Then i put my foot down a little and it'd smoke. Especially when i have the RPM's up it runs nice and clean.

Honestly i could get by with only 3 tunes from Matt no problem. Hi idle, a tow tune, and the race tune are all i need. Thats running basically small stage 1's, exhaust leaks, and low fuel/HPO pressure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.