Found parts truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Found parts truck

Hey guys, was just cruising the classifieds and found a parts truck, well being parted out...

it has the 6 speed zf6, will this fit in place of my zf5? because my syncros are a little tired, i will probably put new ones in but curious if this would fit.

also he has other parts, what are other parts i could grab for my truck?

the parts truck is a 99 7.3

____

ADD
Parting out 99 f250 superduty ext cab. Power windows power locks, electric transfer, 6 speed zf6 transmission. 7.3 power stroke. 3.73 front and rear axle. Cabs solid. Email or call

any other expensive parts to buy? that i could grab, injectors ect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
almost anything from the motor, and yes the zf6 will go in, but you need to modify somethings to use it and fit it, such as the corss member and what not, its a bog ol hunk but does the trick nicely, the interior can be retrofitted in yours too lol, good luck, what is the guy asking for the injectors and hpop if you dont mind me asking
Old 01-09-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
almost anything from the motor, and yes the zf6 will go in, but you need to modify somethings to use it and fit it, such as the corss member and what not, its a bog ol hunk but does the trick nicely, the interior can be retrofitted in yours too lol, good luck, what is the guy asking for the injectors and hpop if you dont mind me asking
I'm starting to think I would really like the 6 speed. With the welder, tanks, tools, etc (basically a constant 1/2 ton load, along with my arse and fuel), going uphill means high RPM in 3rd gear, or gutless and constant, slow deceleration in 4th.

What's he want for the long block?
Old 01-10-2012, 07:13 AM

I emailed the guy asking a few questions, ill get back to you
Old 01-10-2012, 07:20 AM

If you use the six speed you will have to use the transfer case too. Best I can remember the bolt pattern is different as well as the input and output shafts. I've been looking into swapping mine over for a cpl years now.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csdwarf11 View Post
Hey guys, was just cruising the classifieds and found a parts truck, well being parted out...

it has the 6 speed zf6, will this fit in place of my zf5? because my syncros are a little tired, i will probably put new ones in but curious if this would fit.

also he has other parts, what are other parts i could grab for my truck?

the parts truck is a 99 7.3

____

ADD
Parting out 99 f250 superduty ext cab. Power windows power locks, electric transfer, 6 speed zf6 transmission. 7.3 power stroke. 3.73 front and rear axle. Cabs solid. Email or call

any other expensive parts to buy? that i could grab, injectors ect?

I would take your zf5 if its 4x4
Old 01-10-2012, 09:21 AM

its 4x4, mine anyway.

I guess i was more curious if it was an easy swap, what is involved in rebuilding these zf5's ive heard people say its easy and ive heard people say its hard and expensive.

I would probably rebuild my tranny over swapping in a zf6 unless its that much better. I know it has an oil cooler and it a larger transmission in general, but if shafts are different sizes.

Im now more interested in what else is worth getting, injectors would fit? it has a 17* HPOP? could I use that?'

any other expensive parts on the 7.3's i might be able to get cheap?

thanks a lot guys!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:46 AM

Emailed me back, he said make offers, I don't know if he honestly knows how much this stuff is worth, what are some fair but good deal type pricing for items that might be useful.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
you will need custom tuning to run the 140cc split shot injectors, and the 17* hpop will work, if its early 99 it will have 120cc split shots and a 15* hpop like mine does, if its cheap enough than manifolds, up pipes and turbo are worth getting kause they are better than our stock ones, you will need intake plenims and what not to run the ic set up and the spider

ive bought injectors and hpop for $300 140cc splits and 17*hpop, ive since sold that for $200, just depends on if he knows what he has, the hpop wont go for much more than $250 tho, good luck
Old 01-10-2012, 05:01 PM

Those trucks are intercooled? correct?

I was thinking

Intercooler

Turbo(would need all parts from the other one to make it work, if i understand you right)

Injectors if they are 120cc, they would also work in my truck but the 140cc will not.

the HPOP would be an upgrade correct? its 17* and is a direct fitment?

The long term goal for the truck is to get a tune and try to get a little more power out of it, I have the 5 speed and i understand its not a very rugged transmitting but I don't beat on things.

Whats a reasonable power goal for one of these engines( horsepower wise, at the wheels)? with just under 200k miles and what parts off this truck would be worth getting to set me in the right direction?

these trucks run about 160-170 hp and 450ish ftlbs to the wheels stock if i have any idea what im talking about lol

thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.