Alright I am biting the bullet and moving on my project thread. Here's my short list of to do's that will grow as I progress. I plan on using the truck as a support vehicle for my equipment (hauling parts, fuel just general stuff) and my tailgating/playtruck. I got a 7.3 out of a 97 with 20,000 miles. The motor was removed by the Ford dealer and replaced. The problems continued with the new motor so they replaced the computer which turned out to be the problem. My friend was the technichian.
1. Rebuild and upgrade E40D transmission
2. Install 7.3 motor out of 97 f350
3. All the things I'll run into making the conversion
6. Re tint windows
7. I might take off the body lift
8. Chuck Norris band on winshield
1. Downpipe to 5" exhaust
2. SCT tuner
3. DIY intake
I like the look of the truck it doesn't have much body damage. Has the dana 60 front and newer warn hubs. Interior isn't too bad. Love the bumper and winch.
2. E40D Transmission is not working correctly. It acts like it has a stall converter. The engine has to be reved to 4500 rpm to get it to engage. Also the main plug going to the top of the transmission isn't pluged up. I plugged it up and the truck ran like crap. It was skipping and dogging it. Not even driveable when its plugged in. I think the previous owner put this transmission in and maybe it doesn't jive with the computer.
I am far from a mechanic. Have some great buddy's and you guys though. So I am going to fumble through this like a freshmen on prom night.