Join Date: Jun 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just some quick background. This summer I finally have some time to do some much needed PM, accessorizing (sp), and detailing the ol' girl. Right now the cab is gutted with the exception of the dash/steering wheel. Here are my questions:
1) I am installing a shelf on the roof and mount my CB in there and to use for general storage. What size wire do I need to run to power the CB? Is voltage drop a concern in vehicles like it is in residential or commercial electrical?
2) For future sound system upgrades I want to run the wire for extra speakers and a possible sub-woofer and amp, again what gauge wire should I run? It won't be some crazy 5000 watt system just something that sounds very good, I want clarity over loudness.
3) Can I use my original carpet as sound insulation and put the rubber matting that I got yesterday (Ford Factory rubber floor) over it?
4) How do I clean the rubber matting to get it nice and black again? I have taken it up to the car wash and scrubbed and blasted it, but it still looks dirty/faded, granted it did come out of a 96 in a junk yard. Can I use Rustoleum specialty Appliance epoxy? I used it to dress up my switches and other faded black pieces. I know Amor All would just make it slippery than all get out.
5) I am installing amber marker lights on the cab, I have heard that there is a factory harness on the passenger side kick panel area that I can plug into? Yes / No?
6) While I have the interior in this state what else would y'all do? I am stuffing insullation in the open spaces between the exterior and interior metal.