Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

fuel gauge

861 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  creekfreak 
#1 ·
on my 95 f350 cclb once it gets around 1/2 a tank the gauge starts to sway alot when i take left hand turns. People have told me that the 1/4 tank mark is the E line basically. but it should be a 15 gallon tank and if i fill up right when the gauge reads a lil over 1/4 tank it takes a little under 12 gallons and it goes way past the full line. Do your guys do this and am i safe to run past the 1/4 mark?

#2 ·
I can go til "e" on my 96 f250. I've had my front tank dropped, the sensor is right in the middle. I noticed when I come to a stop my fuel gauge drops, but really it's just the fuel sloshing forward away from the fuel level sensor.

#5 ·
every gauge is different. they're 18 & 19 gallon tanks but i've gotten 22 in my front after running it dry. do both tanks work? Run one down till you hear is lose fuel then quick change to the other tank. You'll know where on the gauge it runs out. My front goes below e and my rear runs out still reading 1/4

#9 ·
Is the sending unit not working or is the selector valve not working?

#7 ·
both mine go down to e, ive realized that my back tanks seems to drop faster then the front but like mentioned before every gauge is differnt

#10 ·
I can take both of mine down to e, but the rear tank never goes all the way up to F even when i filler up all the way up the neck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.