95 Psd - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
95 Psd

I was wondering how good the trannies were in 95 because a buddy of mine is looking at one that only has 92,000 miles on it it is a ext cab long bed 4x4 and they want 11,000 for it but he asked me if I would ask you guys on here and if he buys it we will have another member
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Premium Member

like anything else, it depends on how it was taken care of and what it was used for. knowing the maint. history would be a bonus, and not just the salesman saying it was drivin by an old lady to church on sundays...
brian
Old 06-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

dont know life of but I mean does any tranny hold to a chip
Old 06-25-2006, 06:48 AM
Infidel

Howdy,
I am the second owner of my 95. I bought it in 99 and it was on its second tranny, but the previous owner pulled a 40' car trailer which probably nuked the first transmission. When I bought the truck it had 120K on it. It now has 312K so almost 200K from me alone on the second transmission. I do some towing (horse trailer, misc construction equip,etc.....) and it has held up so far, but I do plan on replacing it with a beefier one soon while I have the money and before my wife startsusing it as a daily driver.
Craig
Old 06-25-2006, 09:34 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to gbear
re (95 F250)

I'm the second owner of my truck. It had 92,000 on it when I bought it.
The previous owner pulled a 14,000 lb fifth wheel with it. He did take good care of it with regular maintence. As far as I know it has never had a wrench to the transmission. The fluid has no indication of of burning or excessive heat. It was one of my concerns when I bought it, but I have had no problems what so ever. I talked to a guy at a transmission shop ahd he
said he would starve to death if he depended on the E40D Transmission to make his living. I really feel good about it now. I think abuse and lack of maintence is the major killer of that transmission. I have had the truck for over 3 years and like I said never a shudder just clean solid shifts. At this time my brother is rebuilding the E40D out of his Lightning (400 hp with vortec supercharger) Because of a converter problem. but the internals of transmission are still rock solid.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.